Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it wrong of me to not want her to go....?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

so my daughters father and I recently split up....so we are still trying to figure all this stuff out....anyway... his father's suprise 50th birthday party is next weekend and he wants to bring DD, but the party is 7:30pm - 11pm, but thats not even my biggest problem, he told me he plans to get "shit-housed" (drunk)...and so does everyone else she would be driving their with (her 2 aunts and aunts boyfriend)....so of course i dont want her to go. i was just talking to my DD's aunt on facebook and she said she was going to ask her mother to pick up her son from the party about 8:30, but was afraid her mom would say no due to the fact she was babysitting all this weekend. i said ok but please dont mention anything about my DD untill i talk to her dad.. i signed off facebook and she then texted me and told me she asked her mom to pick up her son and my DD from the party and she said yes....i know she did this even though i asked her no to because she knew her mom would say yes because of my DD... 

It is my decision if she goes to the party or not...and they are all making plans like it is up to them!

is it wrong of me for not wanting DD to go to her grandfathers 50th 

and by the way my daughter is not close with this grandfather at all...only met him about 5 times in her 18months of life.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Its more for the grandfather and not ur DD..i COMPLETELY understand you not wanting her to go but here a question you have to ask yourself.If it was you family would she go to the party? Maybe you can pick her up yourself,,I dont know how touchy the situation is between you and her father.

gobimom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I'd let her go but I would make sure I was the one picking her up and it would be earlier than 11 pm.   

ksmama88
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Quoting allycally:

Its more for the grandfather and not ur DD..i COMPLETELY understand you not wanting her to go but here a question you have to ask yourself.If it was you family would she go to the party? Maybe you can pick her up yourself,,I dont know how touchy the situation is between you and her father.

yah i havnt even talked about it with him yet....well the last we spoke of it we were all going together (before we broke up)...im sure he will really want her to go... i dont drive or else i would drop her off and pick her up myself..maybe i can talk him into thinking it would just be easier for everyone if she doesnt go, its just that his whole family are big drinkers and really loud... i dont want her driving in a car with anyone who has had even one beer

Starfire73
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

With people drinking and your daughter being so young, that's just a resipe for disaster. I hope and pray you don't get one of those phone calls in the middle of the night or the police showing  up at your door sayng,"There's been an accident, we need you to come to the hospital right away...."

ksmama88
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Quoting Starfire73:

With people drinking and your daughter being so young, that's just a resipe for disaster. I hope and pray you don't get one of those phone calls in the middle of the night or the police showing  up at your door sayng,"There's been an accident, we need you to come to the hospital right away...."

OK THATS IS SHE ISNT GOING!!!

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Quoting ksmama88:

so my daughters father and I recently split up....so we are still trying to figure all this stuff out....anyway... his father's suprise 50th birthday party is next weekend and he wants to bring DD, but the party is 7:30pm - 11pm, but thats not even my biggest problem, he told me he plans to get "shit-housed" (drunk)...and so does everyone else she would be driving their with (her 2 aunts and aunts boyfriend)....so of course i dont want her to go. i was just talking to my DD's aunt on facebook and she said she was going to ask her mother to pick up her son from the party about 8:30, but was afraid her mom would say no due to the fact she was babysitting all this weekend. i said ok but please dont mention anything about my DD untill i talk to her dad.. i signed off facebook and she then texted me and told me she asked her mom to pick up her son and my DD from the party and she said yes....i know she did this even though i asked her no to because she knew her mom would say yes because of my DD... 

It is my decision if she goes to the party or not...and they are all making plans like it is up to them!

is it wrong of me for not wanting DD to go to her grandfathers 50th 

and by the way my daughter is not close with this grandfather at all...only met him about 5 times in her 18months of life.

You should definatley let her go, you should make arrangements to pick her up yourself if you're worried about transportation.

shawneewaiting
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Couldn't you just pick her up from the party?

I am ME... and I like that!

ksmama88
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting shawneewaiting:

Couldn't you just pick her up from the party?

i dont drive, or else i would...if she goes i think ill ask my mom to drive me to pick her up

AAsmommy0509
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM

To be honest.. I wouldn't let my daughter go.. and if I did... whether we were broken up or not.. I'd go with, if he wanted her there that bad.. He's planning on getting shitfaced?!?!?! who's gonna take care of her while she is there, and he's drinking?!?!?!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)