Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's hubby's birthday and I ruined it.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

Every year hubby goes out with his twin brother and friends for dinner and then a "pub crawl". Just like last year, I went with them, only this year I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant. Dinner was fine, and the first bar was fine, but then his brother decided we should all go to the only bar left in town that is still all-smoking. Aside from being pregnant I'm also highly allergic to cigarettes AND getting over bronchitis.

I know I can't expect people to think about ME but by picking a smoking-only place they pretty much made the decision that hubby was going to have to leave as well, since we came together. Plus, as he pointed out, it would be highly irresponsible of him to go out drinking and leave his very pregnant wife at home. HE doesn't seem to care, he was fine with leaving and told me I was being silly to get upset. But I feel awful that he had to leave, since he never goes out with his friends anymore or does anything but sit at home with me. And now I'm all weepy and sad.frown mini

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

bump

ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Aww honey that's ok.  he could have stayed had he REALLY wanted to.  He did the right, smart thing and came home to be with the love of his life and momma to his baby...you are his gift!! Go give him some cuddling......and maybe more if your can even think about it! LOL  **HUGS***

mom.of.twins
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I think that you have a wonderful husband if he is trying to comfort you and convince you that you did nothing wrong! He chose to come home with you. That was very responsible of him! I think that once you start having children, different priorities take the front seat. His priority is being home with you since you are so close to your due date! Trust him, if he says that he is okay with it, then he is okay with it. Try not to beat yourself up over this. You didn't ruin his birthday at all!

Lilypie
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Thank you...I just felt like such a party pooper.

Quoting ajswenson:

Aww honey that's ok.  he could have stayed had he REALLY wanted to.  He did the right, smart thing and came home to be with the love of his life and momma to his baby...you are his gift!! Go give him some cuddling......and maybe more if your can even think about it! LOL  **HUGS***

CafeMom Tickers
mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM

DO NOT feel bad!!!  He seems like such a sweet hubby! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)