Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be afraid to move in next door?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 42 Replies

Dh got this house when I was not here.  Over that time, he put the two chairs out front.  After they were outside for a month, I decided that there was no way they were coming back into the house. 

Anyway, we have a empty house next to ours.  It has been empty for a LONG time--since we've moved in.  I think our porch scares people off.  LOL!  Plenty of people have come to look, but no one has moved in yet.  To tell you the truth, I'd question our porch too, if it wasn't ours.  So, what do you think?  If you have a crazy front porch, share it!

[Believe it or not, the inside of the house is actually pretty dang nice...]

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM

The outside is a bit funny!  Ahh who needs neighbors!

vatofamily
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Haha.  I think no one is answering because they don't want to hurt my feelings.  Like I said, I think it's very odd, but I try not to let it get to me---the other houses on the street aren't great.  I was telling my husband yesterday that maybe if we just left it completely trashed--beer bottles, trash, cigarette butts, etc... maybe we will never have neighbors.  I like being neighbor-less to tell you the truth!

Quoting ajswenson:

The outside is a bit funny!  Ahh who needs neighbors!

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM

lol if you think thats bad you need to visit parts of maryland! Your porch looks wonderful compared to around here!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

All4you
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Neighbors are WAY overrated! Enjoy your peace and quiet! Mine are college kids who play 'musical houses" it's a toss up as to who lives there what week the only constant is they all need new mufflers and quieter stereos! The last one that moved in came home at midnight with his bass so loud it shook my windows....I walked across the street with my just woken up baby in my arms and said "if you can't turn the shit down next time THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM" he has been quiet since :) Maybe I need your chairs?

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM

honestly ? it's weird to have those chairs it would look better with a bench and maybe a plant or something it just doesn't look inviting. Then again who cares why even have neighbors. I hate when new neighbors move in you don't know if they're going to cause problems. lol

tretresmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

LOL  I think it is funny.  If I am going to buy a house I could care less about how the neighbors porch looks  LOL 

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:08 PM

First off it doesn't look bad but my first thought when I see what should be living room furniture out side I think oh great a bunch of load parties. It makes me think of the collage houses. They have more furniture outside then they do inside. LOL You wanted truth. Also I would leave it there if I were you enjoy the peace and quite. LOL

kelleygirl76
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

It is a bit weird.  We have strict convenants about what our homes exterior can look like.  If you did that in my neighborhood, you would get a nasty letter from the HOA.  Seriously, they sent us one that we needed to edge our driveway.  I actually like it that way.  It keeps our property values up.

vatofamily
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I'd highly recomend the chairs.  It may also be the trailers on our street that are vaccent or the person who is using a lot as a dump right next to that house that is turing people off.  LOL!  You'd be suprised though, when you live in a neighborhood like this, you just kind of stop caring.  I love that I have a recliner on the front porch, it's great for entertaining!  Haha!

Quoting All4you:

Neighbors are WAY overrated! Enjoy your peace and quiet! Mine are college kids who play 'musical houses" it's a toss up as to who lives there what week the only constant is they all need new mufflers and quieter stereos! The last one that moved in came home at midnight with his bass so loud it shook my windows....I walked across the street with my just woken up baby in my arms and said "if you can't turn the shit down next time THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM" he has been quiet since :) Maybe I need your chairs?

carlinaiden
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

hahaha it is a bit creepy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)