Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok, help my with US geography...How far is Atlandic City or Newark from Charlottesville, VA or Washington DC?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

One of my favorite bands will be in the US in January.  If we miss the NY, NY show we will have to go to Charlottesville or Washington DC.  My airline flies into Newark and Atlantic City so would have to rent a car and drive from there.

Anyone know if this is a reasonable drive?  I googled it but I know it is all relative and I haven't been that way since I went to New Orleans 10 years ago. 

Also, anyone ever been to Atlantic City?  It is fun?  Is there a harbour?  We might go there instead of LA.  Any advice would be great!!!

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:01 PM

try randmcnally.com

heathermichelle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I don't know but you could look on mapquest.com and it would tell you how many miles and hours it would take

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Ya I did that but do you know what the country is like?  If its a hard drive (mountains, forest, countryside) it might not be worth it cause its atleast 3 hours.

Quoting heathermichelle:

I don't know but you could look on mapquest.com and it would tell you how many miles and hours it would take

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM

My dh is a truck driver and he drives from jersey to virginia all the time.    It's about a 5 hour ride to charlotesville from Newark if you don't catch the lovely traffic going through washington and maryland then you can count on 7 to 8 hours cause when there's traffic, there's traffic.   Washington would be roughly about 4 hours again if you don't hit the traffic, it's ridiculous getting into washington during rush hour.   Then there is the fact that well Washington isn't exactly the safest city (you'd think it would be though), charlottesville has a better rep.   There are some good alternate routes but for those not used to the area they are tricky.   I hope the band is worth it! 

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Thanks!!  That helps alot!

Ya they really are.  They have been in Europe all year and added some dates at the end of the year.  We might try and do this.  It would be a nice adventure for us.  We need a vacation just the 2 of us.  :)  Even if its for 2 days!

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

My dh is a truck driver and he drives from jersey to virginia all the time.    It's about a 5 hour ride to charlotesville from Newark if you don't catch the lovely traffic going through washington and maryland then you can count on 7 to 8 hours cause when there's traffic, there's traffic.   Washington would be roughly about 4 hours again if you don't hit the traffic, it's ridiculous getting into washington during rush hour.   Then there is the fact that well Washington isn't exactly the safest city (you'd think it would be though), charlottesville has a better rep.   There are some good alternate routes but for those not used to the area they are tricky.   I hope the band is worth it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)