Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do they get away with this???

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just have to vent here!  Like just about everyone in this crappy economy we are struggling big time.  And now I find out this.  My isurance is going up, again! How can health insurance companies can rape us like this! It is time to renew and Blue Cross raised our plan by $300 a month! And the plan sucks! I am so upset and not sure how we are gonna be able to afford it! $1200 a month for insurance is insane! Especially for a crappy plan with a $1000 deductable! Why are these blood suckers aloud to do this people!!!!!

Thanks for listing to my rant!  I am just so frusterated and worried about it.

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
StudioM
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

At $1200 a month I could pay for my slightly spendy prescriptions AND for at least 2 doctor visits a month!

moorhead2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

my mom just told me that they were going to raise hers up 300 bux too, what is the deal? I wonder if it has to do with them passing the insurance bill or whatever it was. 

My hubbies insurance is part of his pay, so we dont worry about that stuff. They give it to him as part of his job and what not.

ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM

That sucks.   I know it's horrible out there.  I was talking to a bill collector on the phone today, that we ALREADY set up a plan to have it all taken care of, and she says to me, "why can't you pay this bill now?"  Really???  Because I can't make money come out my butt!!! UGH....then when I repeated to her again, that this had all been taken care of she had the nerve to ask me if we could make our payment 2 days earlier than planned....UMMM NO, and she asked me why????  repeat money comment.   I know this just sucks.  I can't wait for tax refund!!! LOL

themacs4
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I think I would look for an outside carrier & not use work's plan.  That's insane that its that much!

nebraskamomto2
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Yep, our BCBS is going up too.  Stinks!   

momof2little1s
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

My husband is self employed so we provide the plan.  I am looking into other companies.

Quoting themacs4:

I think I would look for an outside carrier & not use work's plan.  That's insane that its that much!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Wow, that is crazy!  Back when hubby and I were first married we both had health problems that didn't exist on our medical records.  We were going to be stuck with Cobra payments because of it.  Our deductible was going to be somewhere around $5,000-$10,000 and our monthy payments were going to be like $1,500/month for the two of us!  We were struggling to pay our $400/month rent!  So we got county medical insurance.  Our deductible was $1,000/month but thankfully we never needed it so it didn't end up costing us anything.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM

WOW..That is nuts..Hope something happens soon..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)