Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it abusive to....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM
  • 59 Replies

Poll

Question: Is giving hotsauce for a naughty word, abusive?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 214

View Results

Give a child hotsauce for saying a naughty word?

Come join the grand opening party of my new group! Games, Contests, prizes and fun!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/anythingmotherly

See ya there!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

lol i used to get soap and then i would get spicy brown mustard as a kid.. But to hot sauce would not work for my daughter because she loves hot sauce....shes weird!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

StudioM
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Straight  up lemon juice is a bit safer! My kids HATED it!

ajswenson
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Good to know.

Quoting StudioM:

yayay15
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

lol!! That is weird!!!  My husband and I are sort of having a disagreement and he told me to post this on here!!!  Lol.

Quoting mommyziegler:

lol i used to get soap and then i would get spicy brown mustard as a kid.. But to hot sauce would not work for my daughter because she loves hot sauce....shes weird!!!

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I used to suck my thumb (subconsciously, it was such a habit I'd do it in my sleep) when I was about 7 or 8 my dad put hot sauce (actually it was pidi pidi - a sauce made with very hot seeds oil and vinager -- very spicy) on my thumb so that when I stuck it in my mouth it would burn.  It worked within a couple of days I lost the habit.   I don't think it's abusive - kids will eventually try something hot anyway, this way they learn 2 things:  they don't like hot sauce and they shouldn't say bad words. 

yayay15
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

lol!  That's a good idea.  I didn't think of that!!  I tried putting vinegar on a towel and rubbing it on my sons tongue but he laughed and wanted more!!  I don't do anything now but my sister uses hot sauce and my husband says it abusive.  I didn't think it was abusive but wanted to get some opinions!!!

Quoting ajswenson:

Good to know.

Quoting StudioM:

britney88
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

No, its not. My 1 and 2 year olds both LOVE hot sauce. They like pace picante sauce with eggs for breakfast. They eat the hot sauce at resturants and everything so that would never work for me. But if your going to use like the habenero hot sauce yeah i'd say thats a way too extreme.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

i dont think so but my son loves hot sauce and spicy foods and such. i also dont think the lemon juice would work either... lol

yayay15
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:24 PM

lol!!! That's true!!!

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

I used to suck my thumb (subconsciously, it was such a habit I'd do it in my sleep) when I was about 7 or 8 my dad put hot sauce (actually it was pidi pidi - a sauce made with very hot seeds oil and vinager -- very spicy) on my thumb so that when I stuck it in my mouth it would burn.  It worked within a couple of days I lost the habit.   I don't think it's abusive - kids will eventually try something hot anyway, this way they learn 2 things:  they don't like hot sauce and they shouldn't say bad words. 

rayzensun
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I would consider it abuse if it was done to me...

(and I do mean as a child)

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)