Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Treatment. Girl Vs Boy. For the grandmas with grandsons and daughters.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok so i have two boys both turned one and three in august, im due with twin boys anytime in the next 6-8 weeks. Im 20. My little brother 17 just found out his girlfriend is pregnant. My moms hoping its a girl but im not.

Ok so i guess my question would be is do you prefer your granddaughter(s) over you grandson (s)?

His girlfriend has a little boy who was born a little before summer time and she custody of him and my mom is now considering him (her son) her grandson.

I know it sounds mean to say i hope its not a girl but im pretty sure my first baby that i lost at 16 weeks was a girl and im not for girls unless my sister has one. I dont like this girl but i will deal with her when im around my moms. She is from a very bad family (druggies) and has taken from me and my sister when we stayed the summer with our mom.

Idk what to do. Makes me want to cry. I guess its just my twin hormones talking.

What do i do? If it is a girl ill be happy but i wont be happy. how do i keep from getting depresed over it? Im trying not to it just bugs me sooo much. I guess ill feel better when i have a set date to finally see my little boys..

Ok i gues i made no sence or no ones ready all it if and just skimming through it.

I will have 4 boys and have always wanted a girl. I lost my first baby and im pretty sure it was a girl. Ive always wanted to buy pink but instead i can only buy blue. I know theres other people out there that feel the way i do. 

But my question was Do You as a Grandma Treat your Grandsons Diffrent then your Granddaughters? See them more? Buy them more?(granddaughters)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I don't understand.  Why would you be upset if your brother has a girl?

ksmama88
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM

does this bother you because you are afraid your mother will love the baby more then your boys or because you are jelous because you want a girl??

im not a grandparent (im only 21) but i dont think the sex of the child matters to grandparents at all...my parents have 4 grandchildren 2 boys and 2 girls and they love them all just the same!

gobimom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I'm sorry but I can't get pass the idea that your mom has so many grandkids and her children are only 17 and 20.... 

SweetPea708
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM

She has me Im 20, Make ONE mistake when i was 16 and have a GREAT son that i DO NOT regret, i got pregnant and had my youngest at 19 and im due with TWINS in 6-8 weeks. My older younger brother is 17, My sister is 19, and My youngest brother is just 16. My mom had me a month after she graduated highschool. There are TONS of people that have kids young. Even younger then me. My brother is just retarted, this is what that girl wanted, she lost her son to the state/his father and hasnt been the same without him.

Idk i guess its just that shes wont stop talking about a granddaughter and Im sorry to her that ive only had boys but i cant help it. I feel bad. I know my grandmother treats us girls diffrent from the boys. Im just afraid that if they do have a girl that she will have/want her more then my sons. It would break my oldests heart.  

Oh one of my sister friends is 19 and she has FIVE kids..Her first was in Junior high. Try and get past that..lol.

Quoting gobimom:

I'm sorry but I can't get pass the idea that your mom has so many grandkids and her children are only 17 and 20.... 

SweetPea708
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM

As i said, I couldnt be my Hormones. Im pregnant with twins and i hear its worse then a single one and ive cryed alot with these two.

jothra
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:49 PM

The clothes alone are one of the reasons I'm glad I only have boys! The girls clothes are so cute, I would go broke!

I don't care if I have boys or girls, but I love my boys =) Honestly, I'm not a girly girl, I love rough housing with my boys.

gobimom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Quoting SweetPea708:

She has me Im 20, Make ONE mistake when i was 16 and have a GREAT son that i DO NOT regret, i got pregnant and had my youngest at 19 and im due with TWINS in 6-8 weeks. My older younger brother is 17, My sister is 19, and My youngest brother is just 16. My mom had me a month after she graduated highschool. There are TONS of people that have kids young. Even younger then me. My brother is just retarted, this is what that girl wanted, she lost her son to the state/his father and hasnt been the same without him.

Idk i guess its just that shes wont stop talking about a granddaughter and Im sorry to her that ive only had boys but i cant help it. I feel bad. I know my grandmother treats us girls diffrent from the boys. Im just afraid that if they do have a girl that she will have/want her more then my sons. It would break my oldests heart.  

Oh one of my sister friends is 19 and she has FIVE kids..Her first was in Junior high. Try and get past that..lol.

Quoting gobimom:

First I didn't imply that you should regret any of your children.  Yes I think that it is sad that at age 20 you will have 4 children - you are still a child yourself.  As for having 5 at 19....that is nothing to joke about.  Do teenagers not know about birth control  these days?

illiana707
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I am not a grandparent, but gender treatment depends on the family. Good parents/grandparent will try to treat children the same regardless of gender. Others will favor one over the other. You have no control over the children your siblings have. Honestly the chances are good one of them will have a daughter at some point. You just have to let go. We all have ideas of our ideal family. Sometimes it doesn't happen and we just have to be grateful for what we do have.

connietrrll
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I think that shows your age (not physical but mental). Like one of the pp's said. You shouldn't worry about who your parents will spoil more. I am really not trying to insult you but be honest with you. If my kids felt that way I would have a serious problem. I love all my kids equally. I can not imagine feeling any different about my granddaughters or grandsons. I love my girls now, and when I have grandsons I will love them as well. Maybe you should consider talking to your mom about this issue.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I am sure this is mostly your hormones talking. DD's grandparents do not treat her different than any other of the grandkids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)