Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wyoming mommas?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hey...My husband, 2 children, and I are thinking about moving there in 2 years once we finish nursing school. What's the larger cities? What is the sales tax? How is the climate? Hom much does land and homes usually run for atleast a 4-5 bedroom? Where is a large trama center (hospital)? What's the school systems like? ETC? I tried googling it but with no luck.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hi!!!! 

I live in Laramie, Wyoming.  The larger cities are Cheyenne and Casper Laramie could be considered one but there is like NOTHING to do here!  The climate is windy, cold and very dry.  There are no larger trauma centers here in Wyoming but there are some in states close to us like Colorado for sure.  Sales tax is 6% and here in Laramie (not sure about other cities) there is no tax on food.  Housing in Larmie is VERY expensive because it is a college town, it is much better though in Cheyenne and for fairly nice houses too!  Hope this helps!

ArmyWifeNoDrama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Okay so My question is...no trauma center...so whats the biggest hospital? We're interested in jobs at one.  Also where can i find how much 10,000 acres would be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)