Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your SO hate his job?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

My SO just took a new job (which I encouraged him to take) and he hates it. I feel terrible for him because he describes it as "soul draining". Unfortunately, the company he left has already filled his position, and there are not many jobs in his field where we live.

If your SO hates his job, what do you say/do to try to make him feel better about it? Would you encourage him to take a much lower paying job, or to quit his job simply because he is miserable?

Need advice, I feel really bad for SO right now, and I am the one who urged him to switch to a new job...

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shecallsmemom04
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:55 PM

my husband wanted to be a SAHD, he got his wish, and he loves it. 

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Mine hates the hours as he never sees the kids..Im guessing he hates working in the rig in bad weather...hot..cold..etc..but he never complains about it...Its a hard job but he has always done it so he doesn't know any different...I feel for your hubby..but the bills don't pay themselves and jobs are hard to come by...I guess all you can do is listen when he needs to let off steam....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

KT9105
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:57 PM

My husband jokes that he does but I know he doesn't.  He does IT for the military and comes home everyday talking about "I hate computers."  I think he just hates dealing with the people he has to deal with lol.

cmb121906

Mine hates his. He works for the railroad for 6-8 weeks at a time and lives in a hotel anywhere they decide to send him throughout the country and sometimes out of it. He only gets to come home for 2 weeks at a time. It's great pay, but he misses out on alot. He wants to quit so bad and I encourage him to look for other jobs, but the economy is very shitty.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

2boys_1girl

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

my husband wanted to be a SAHD, he got his wish, and he loves it. 

I think my SO would love to be a SAHD... unfortunately, I am going back to school right now, so that would leave us with 0 income.

If he is still miserable when I finish my masters, I will definately think about it, but by then my youngest will be 2 1/2 and my two older kids will be in pre-k and first grade.

nikitaboom

MY husband is in the US ARMY and he trains deploying soldiers... he did two tours in Iraq and he LOVES his job. He is also looking into becoming an NYPD officer... he loves to serve and protect people. I would encourage him no matter what.. as long as he was happy. If I had to take 2 jobs to make ends meet.. I would do so gladly as long as he was happy.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:58 PM

funny, my SO hated his job about a week ago and they offered him TL position, and now he wants to stay.... lol

monkeysmom2003
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

my dh words .. who really likes to work?  But I have to work because we have a family ..

KT9105
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM

My husband did this for 2 years and loved it!  He was pulled up to be the IT guy 2 years ago and he likes that but he definitely misses being on the lanes.

Quoting nikitaboom:

MY husband is in the US ARMY and he trains deploying soldiers... he did two tours in Iraq and he LOVES his job. He is also looking into becoming an NYPD officer... he loves to serve and protect people. I would encourage him no matter what.. as long as he was happy. If I had to take 2 jobs to make ends meet.. I would do so gladly as long as he was happy.

2boys_1girl
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Quoting monkeysmom2003:

my dh words .. who really likes to work?  But I have to work because we have a family ..

Yea... that is why my SO would do any job to make things work. He had a job he LOVED but it was low paying with terrible benefits. This new job is better paying and with better benefits, but he finds the work extremely unfulfilling... but he still thinks it is better for our family.

I just with he could find something he liked, that was enough to make ends meet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)