Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 21st makes one year :(

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

Since my grandma passed away from lung cancer.  I still miss her just as much as I did the day she passed.  I lost my grandfather in the same year, but he had Alzheimer's, so it wasn't as hard to lose him.  I think after my grandpa died, my grandma felt that she no longer had a reason to live.  :(  I don't really know why I am posting this, but I just feel like I need to talk about it to someone, or type about it or whatever...I just wish so many things were different.  I wish that I wouldn't have been so wrapped up in my own life to go visit her more often, or that I would have taken the time to write down some of her recipes...anything to remind me of her.  I wish Tatum would have been old enough to experience what a great person she was, to actually be able to remember how much she loved us.  I know it may seem selfish, but I wish more than anything she was still here.  She died so suddenly, I didn't have time to prepare.  She was diagnosed with cancer in May, they treated her with chemo, and they thought she was getting better, and then it spread to her bones and once they learned it spread to her bones, she died 3 weeks later.

Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:05 AM

I don't think it is selfish at all to want the people we love here with us.  My grandmother passed away 12 years on her birthday two days before i graduated from high school.   I still miss her. I think of her often and wish that my daughter could have known her.  My grandmother used to call the boys, Mr. Man and the girls Miss. Lady and all of us Precious.  When i was a kid i hated being called a Lady because i was such a tomboy, but  I would give anything to hear her say it again.

babysyoungmom1
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:06 AM

sorry for your loss :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)