Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I can't stand my daughter in law anymore

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM
  • 379 Replies

I dislike her. I absolutely dislike my daughter in law. Since she has been with my son, he stopped having anything do with me and spent all his money on her. When they got married, he didnt come around or call as much. She is to blame, She made him stop talking to us. I know she did. I know she controls the money too. I just wish he would put his foot down to her and tell her how it is gonna be. I don't want them together. Now she made him move to another state and take my grandbaby away.  It is all about her all the time. She controls him and everyone in her life. I just wish he would divorce her lying cheating controlling ass

I didn't get to see My granddaughter on her birthday because they live so far away. It made me upset and I begin to think how much I really just dislike her again. I love my son and want him to be happy but i hate that he is not around. I hate that i can't see him and talk to him. I just don't like her and never have.

update december 28

things are still not better. i never get to talk to my son. i never get to talk to my grand daughter. I missed her so much over Christmas and wished i could have seen her. i hate it. i wish my son would just get rid of her and move back closer to me so I can see my grand daughter. She needs me and she needs to be around people that love her. I am so so heartbroken and lost.

update december 29th

I am still heartbroken and cry all the time. I miss my son and grand daughter. i am just lookin for advice or some one to talk to. i want to see them so bad and want my son and grand daughter to move back closer to me. i want a relationship with my grand daughter and now we live over 13 hours away. my heart hurts bad.

for the ones asking about her cheating, when she was at her friends house her ex was always over there and one time a guy called and said he was sleeping with her. she lies and manipulates and controls him. He is afraid to leave her or put his foot down to her. She is a vicious and is only out to gain for herself. she does not care about him or her daughter. she just uses them like pawns. She knows as long as she has control over him he will do as she pleases. as long as she has her to hold over him he will stay. he should have just snuck that baby out at night like I told him to when they separated for awhile. i told him to go over there and act like he wanted her back and to take the baby when she was sleeping. he and my grand daughter would be better off without her. He needs a loving, caring, uncontrolling wife and she is not any of that. He needs someone to care for him and their kids. someone who is trust worthy

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM
Replies (1-10):
mommywife2b
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM

i am so sorry that you feel that way.. I hope your son finally puts his foot down and become a bigger part of your life...

hugs

heavenlyangl420
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Quoting mommywife2b:

i am so sorry that you feel that way.. I hope your son finally puts his foot down and become a bigger part of your life...

hugs

jothra
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:17 AM

I'm sorry you don't have a good relationship with your DIL. Have you tried talking to your son?

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:17 AM

That is his wife.  When you get married, your spouse comes before your parents.  That is the way it is supposed to be.

I think it is hard for moms to realize that their kids are going to grow up and have other priorities than mom.

I would re-evaluate the role that you may play in this.  You sound really jealous of their relationship.  You can't totally blame her.  Your son is a man and he is making his choices.  Maybe instead of being so negative about it, try to be a person that they would want to be around.  If you despised me and my relationship with my husband, I wouldn't want to be around you either.  Relationships are a two way street.

missjess23
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with the pp and say you sound like a MONSTER IN LAW FROM HELL!

I feel sorry for your DIL! 

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

That is his wife.  When you get married, your spouse comes before your parents.  That is the way it is supposed to be.

I think it is hard for moms to realize that their kids are going to grow up and have other priorities than mom.

I would re-evaluate the role that you may play in this.  You sound really jealous of their relationship.  You can't totally blame her.  Your son is a man and he is making his choices.  Maybe instead of being so negative about it, try to be a person that they would want to be around.  If you despised me and my relationship with my husband, I wouldn't want to be around you either.  Relationships are a two way street.

I agree.

Photobucket
usmchoney
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

First_One_8_18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Well, your son is a grown man. She isn't holding a gun to his head. It really seems from your post that you have animosity towards her for taking your grandchild to another state. You should be blaming him as well. It seems like they are making decisions together as a couple and you're having a problem with control in the situation.Why else would you bring up money?

Maybe if you took the time to get along with her, he would call more often and be more willing to set up visits and let you be a more active role in their lives.

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

babybratnc
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Not to be the opposing party, but she may not be the only one to blame. My parents my move sometime in the near future, back to AZ to be with family. But I am not going I am staying in OK, because i want to be with my DH. My parents can't blame that on him. They wont get to see their grandson as much anymore. I know it hurts, but you have to let your son do what he feels is best for his family. Good luck and hopefully things get better.

SkullsandRoses
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Maybe if you'd stop not liking her and would have actually tried being friends with her before they got married you wouldn't feel like this. You only feel like this because you aren't the only woman in your son's life anymore. I'm sorry but get over it! He is a GROWN ASS MAN and needs to have him time. He has a family now. Stop being jealous and be happy for him. Maybe travel if you want to see your grandchild instead of making them come see you.  bad

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)