Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

not potty trained at 5?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM
  • 57 Replies

my SIL is 5 (FIL had her in his 50's) and she isnt potty trained not because she wont but because her mother is to lazy to do it (that what FIL and MIL say) .im not making fun of her or anything but how does a 5yr not know to go potty.there is nothing wrong with her.has anyone else had a child that did potty train till late( and im not talking about kids that have any kind of problem)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesli310
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM

WOW my son's 2.5 and almost potty trained. I can maybe see three but IMO if nothings wrong with the kid then thats unacceptable.

CafeMom Tickers
IluvAsialots4
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Lesli310:

WOW my son's 2.5 and almost potty trained. I can maybe see three but IMO if nothings wrong with the kid then thats unacceptable.

Im.. a mother to Asia Sister to Rocco, Dylan & Roger, Aunt to 11 kids, a single mother, a AIDS & HIV+ supporter, a retired pothead, a sex lover, a new york city resient and...I wouldnt change my life for the world <3

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

my dd is 2 and is potty trained and was in 2days and when i told them they kind of look embarrassed.thats not what i was trying to do they asked about her i told them.and she had no idea what little training potty was i have mine in my living room and she was like ooh what is this and i told her and she kept playing with it like it was a toy

Quoting Lesli310:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

AquarianPath
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM

My oldest son wasn't potty trained until 5....  

Photobucket

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:46 PM

im not bashing anyone who's child wasn't potty trained till later just so no one thinks i am

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

baby1love
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM

My DD is 3 perfectly healthy just has not grasped the concept of going on the potty plus being prego didn't help . We waited till I had the baby 3 weeks ago to start potty training better. IMO by 4 is when I think they should be for sure !!

lexik16
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Ds was potty trained by 3 and dd was potty trained when she was 17 months with no accidents. Every kid is different and they let you know when they're ready. I hope my other dd wants to learn quick. It's way easier to have them potty trained. However my cousins son wasn't trained until he was 4.5 yrs.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM

IMO i think a 5yr old heck even a 4yr old she be able to say when they have to go not wet their pants(kids that have problems are a different story) i just find it alittle odd that they are all IMO to lazy to help this little girl she knows how to talk and is normal but is still wearing diapers

Quoting lexik16:

Ds was potty trained by 3 and dd was potty trained when she was 17 months with no accidents. Every kid is different and they let you know when they're ready. I hope my other dd wants to learn quick. It's way easier to have them potty trained. However my cousins son wasn't trained until he was 4.5 yrs.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM

um, at 5 shouldnt she be in school? my dd is 5 and I think she would still wear a diaper if i let her, she's just lazy lol.  but she was potty trained before 3. but she still wore  a pull up to bed up until a couple months ago......she's just a heavy sleeper, and her ped. said that some kids dont have total bladder control until 7.....

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

she cant start untill next yr she missed the cut off date.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

um, at 5 shouldnt she be in school? my dd is 5 and I think she would still wear a diaper if i let her, she's just lazy lol.  but she was potty trained before 3. but she still wore  a pull up to bed up until a couple months ago......she's just a heavy sleeper, and her ped. said that some kids dont have total bladder control until 7.....

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN