Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Going Grocery Shopping with 2 kids?????

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  • 27 Replies

I have to go to the store and pick up a few groceries, but I have both of my kids with me. They are 1 & 3. I'm trying to pump myself up somehow, and wondering if this will go smooth...or not. Anyway, how should I do this, put both of them in the cart? Put my 1 year old in the cart and hold my 3 year old's hand while pushing the cart? I also have a double stroller, but not sure if my basket will have enough room to hold the groceries?? Ugh, how would you go about this?

by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Put them both in the cart, but make sure they sit down! 

MomX04
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I either pushed both of my boys in the stroller or I got two buggies and they went in one buggy and the groceries and the stroller went in the other one (I walked to and from the store).

1busymomma03
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I go grocery shopping with all of my kids all of the time. I always have, even when they were babies. Now they are 7,5 and 3, so it's a little easier than it used to be, but it was a chore when my youngest was a baby. LOL. If I were you I would probably put the 1 year old in the front of the cart, and the 3 year old in the back. If you run out of room you can take your 3 year old out towards the end. But it would be much easier to do the shopping with them both in the cart. Good luck. Shopping can be done with the kids. I have never done it alone since I've had kids. LOL.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM

both in the cart/ baby in cart hold 3 year olds hand/ baby in a sling or carrier and 3 year old in cart... trial and error! I decided it's not worth it to take my 7 month old and 2 year old, we wait till daddy gets home or grandma is available!! good luck :)

amayabrianna
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I always asked the customer service if I could leave the stroller there until I got done, never had a problem. I also put my 2 yo in the seat and my 3 yo either sits in the cart or stand on the end, or wals beside the cart and holds on to it. Good luck mama!! 

avegajenkins
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:52 PM

= A BIG MIGRAINE, Im just sayin

We Love OUR DADDY he is our HERO...ARMY WIFE & Mom of 3.. Missing our home..NYC

army

Jeiao
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Get one of those car carts!

Sweet_Britt

Ive always taken both my kids with me. The youngest goes in the front and the oldest walks next to the cart and holds the side. Doesnt let go of the cart. They are 3 and 4 now. Ive never had a problem before. Brendan just holds the side and walks along with me. 

mommy806209

It depends on whether your 3 yr old will run or stay with you. I have 9 month old and a 3 year old. Sometimes I set my 9 month old in front and my 3 year old in the back. If you are not getting much groceries then this way would work best. Hope this helps you out. Good luck:)

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Nov. 29, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I have a 3 and 1 yr old.  My one year old sits in the front seat and my 3 yr old sits in the basket...sometimes she will walk next to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN