Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mamas that got pregnant while 30+ pounds overweight...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 31 Replies

Okay so I'm 9 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby...I'm also about 30 lbs overweight.  I'm so anxious to get my baby belly, but I'm worried that with the extra weight it will take forever.

So if you got pregnant while being at least 30lbs overweight, when did you finally start showing?

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Viperkaylin
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I am well over 30 pounds overweight and I started showing (where you could really tell it was a baby belly) around 12 or 13 weeks.

AJmum
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM

My first pregnancy about 14 weeks, My second, no one asked me until the day before I delivered. And the odd thing is I had lost weight with my second.

twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

with my seconed pregnancy I was about 20 pounds over weight, (it was twins) I was so sick I lost 23 pouds in the first 12 weeks. lol.  So I had a flat tummy agai.  (I was also doing PT with the army (active duty) I started showig at 17 weeks, it was like I went to ed with a small tummy the next morning I looked like I was 27 weeks.  at 28 weeks I measured 43!

Mortiferouslatt
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

When I was pregnant with my son I was average weight for my height but didn't show till I was almost five months along.

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:41 AM
I was way more than 30 pounds overweight with my last two. 295 pounds at 5 ft 8. I showed very fast though and looked pregnant at like three months. My first I was 98 pounds and it took forever to begin showing.

liz1986
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I think I was about five months before you could tell it was a "baby belly". 

"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always trusts, always protects, always hopes, always perserveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

QuickMomma
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM

With my second I was 36pounds over weight and lost weight with him and I did not show till I was 24 1/2 weeks and I am now currently 16 weeks,I was 53 pounds over weight when I got pregnant but am losing weight so I now am 47 pounds over weight and am not showing at all.

3greatkids751
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Yah know...I honestly don't know if I was over weight before I got preggo because that kinda thing just doesn't bother me. I know I was 165 before I TTC THIS baby and before my 3rd baby was conceived I was 125 lbs so yah I have put on a bit of weight since then..I never lost my baby weight from my 3rd dd..Maybe I should have but I really don't care, I have no health prob, and I will loose it when I want to.  They say ppl that weigh as much as I do and are as tall as I am are OBEASE... all I can do is laugh at that because I seriously think its ridiculous...

But anyway to answer your ? I really didn't start SHOWING noticeable to others until I was around 15 weeks or so! I had a bit of a belly on me so it was kinda hard to tell but NOW you can tell its a BABY belly and not just extra baggage lol..

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting our baby boy in March 2010!!pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL BlinkieProud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I started showing at like 3-4 months..  (granted I had lost about 25 pounds by this point. I was extremely sick the first 4 months. But yeah, I was about 50 pounds over weight when I found out I was pregnant. You'll show dont worry.

This was 6 months...

angieluvsolivia
by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM

With my first I was heavier to start but I started showing about 6 1/2 months.  With this baby I weighed less to begin with but started to show around 14 weeks.  So far I have only gained 3 pounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)