Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am currently taking college algebra right now, it is so hard!  Speech was a piece of cake for me!  I got an A in that class I am failing my math class right now!  I made a 42 on the first test and a 46 on the 2nd test.  we only have one more test.  I wasnt able to make it to class for a week due to hubby being in the field, then my son was sick and tonight hubby is on 24 hour duty.  Maybe the mistake was taking a math class in a 2nd 8 week.  IDK what would you do?  I recieve pell grants so would I have to pay that money back?  I really dont want to drop the class but I donnt want an F on my transcript either.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Go to your instructor and ask for help, they will get you the help you need. 

KT9105
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

grants you do not have to pay back.  have you talked to your professor or looked into a study group within the class? 

twinmamaof3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Me and my friend are taking the class together at night time, we study all the time.  I really do try.  I just cant comphrehend it.  there is no way for me to get to the math lab since I am home with the kids all day.  (huby is army) we do not make enough money to hire a baby sitter.  I have asked for help and I can understand it but as soon as I get home I am lost again.  I know these are not valid excuses but I have always been horrible at math.  It just doesnt click with me. 

Quoting KT9105:

grants you do not have to pay back.  have you talked to your professor or looked into a study group within the class? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)