Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now I'm all emotional.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  • 2 Replies

This girl I used to be really good friends with just sent me this. I stopped talking to her because she got into drugs, had sex with random guys all the time and NEVER used protection. I tried to help her when she freaked about being pregnant, I tried to help her when she was down and really didn't want to see her destroy herself. But it seemed like she just blew me off every time she asked for advice and I gave it. After having my son, I felt like I couldn't deal with that anymore and needed to have better people around us. We still keep in touch ocassionally, but I haven't seen her in over a year.

Tonight she sent me this. I cried. I never realized she actually listened or that she felt this way.

ANYWAY so today we learned about Gratitude and sharing it with people you're thankful for because sometimes you only give one chance to do it. So- Im here to say THANK YOU.

about being the good friend you have always been. I made it through high school sane because of you. It was nice to have a friend to hang out with after school, a fried that cared enough to say HEY you're being Stupid about this issue, to make mistakes with you, or even catch up and HOPE for the best for them. again THANKS for ALL you have EVER done. and let me just say I am SO happy for you, I apologize for missing out on your wedding and Gage's birthday (which I still have a gift for him, its waiting in my room) you have been through A LOT my friend, and you have been a devout mother and friend. YOu deserve EVERYTHING that's been going on. and you found a man that loves you dearly, I am sincerely happy for you.

I hope that we can take the time to go through vegas again (this time I drive lol) and we can ride the rides, go shopping and this time make it through to California and experience disney land. I just want you as a dear friend again. I member one time we had this conversation via phone and we were talking about beauty and you had inspired me by saying that it was all about personality, and your actions towards others, it was something on the inside. I don't know, you just hit me that day. I have always admired you for that. So independent and Beautiful I thought. What a woman. Congrats again on everything. I love you. Thanks for being such a great friend to me.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CountryGirl0809
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

thats really sweet.   its neat whne we think that our actions or words arnt' getting through and then get shown a light like this!      Now hop off here adn call your friend!! and run over there tomorrow adn give her a big hug!

ColieO
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Well her phones turned off and I have no idea where she lives now, but I totally would. I'll message her back at least. I'd love to repair a friendship that used to be so strong and I really hope she is changing her life around.

Quoting CountryGirl0809:

thats really sweet.   its neat whne we think that our actions or words arnt' getting through and then get shown a light like this!      Now hop off here adn call your friend!! and run over there tomorrow adn give her a big hug!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)