Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use the dryer or hang your kids clothes??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

I hang alot of my DD clothes up to dry.  Not outside  I cant' stand that  but I do hang them up in thehouse b/c it makes them last longer. 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Anything that can be dried gets dried in the dryer. I don't have enough room in our tiny, little house to have wet clothes hanging everywhere.

Sweaters and delicates get hung up to dry. I also wash everything in cold water, that helps to keep everything from wearing out.

jerlyn13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Dryer

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM

No, I have three kids and not a very big house, if I did that my whole first floor would be covered. LOL

lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

i don't think i've ever hung my clothes out to dry...aside from my delicate clothing..lol

ae831
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Everthing gets dried.

Photobucket
maddiesmommy626
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I mostly use the dryer.  If it's a sweater or something that'll warp in the dryer, I hang it.  Her special occasion dresses & stuff that I want her to keep forever gets dry cleaned.  She has a sweater that dates back to my mom's baby days & it's still in great condition, in part because I have it gently dry cleaned..  

REST IN PEACE, MY JACK JACK.  6-5-08 to 8-10-08

imamombygrace
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Mostly dryer this year:) 1. I was pregnant for most of this year..lol. 2. My oldest DD decided she wanted to be a monkey and tried swinging on my line. It broke the pulleys off of both ends! I was keeping it on our screened in back porch....hooked into both walls. I would cut our ceiling fans on out there to help with drying sometimes. Our power bill, along with keeping the windows up, would came down drastically! So now I want metal poles and another line. We haven't had time to replace it so far.

My only con about drying them on the line is...I don't like the way they feel. I have used fabric softener and tried everything! They still feel scratchy.

Lilly-Rose "Doots"                                          Emma-Kay "Emmers"
"Santa Claus wears a Red Suit, He must be a communist. And a beard and long hair, Must be a pacifist. What's in that pipe that he's smoking?"
Arlo Guthrie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)