Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Passing down clothes from older child to younger child...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM
  • 52 Replies

I ordered this little dress for my oldest dd when she was 3, along with many other cute clothes. Even when my dd's were 5 1/2 years apart. Now that  my girls are older, this doesn't happen often, size difference. My youngest is wearing a bigger size than my oldest. They however can still wear each others shirts, but not pants. Do you take care of your child's clothes for them to last through more than one child? This was an Easter outfit.

my oldest dd when she was 3

my youngest when she was 3

Emoticons

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommynMonster
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:47 AM

I do go through some hoops keeping his nicer clothes in great condition, and he has separate play clothes that I *might* end up dyeing for the next boy.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:47 AM

i take care of the clothes enough , i just wouldnt pass them down to the next child. i had BOXES of my sons baby clothes when i was pregnant w/ my daughter (before i knew she was a girl) but i knew i wasnt keeping them for him/her

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

In some way was lucky had 3 girls born on my husbands side and 3 on my side.They were all like only a few months to a year apart. Which a lot of our little infant clothes got passed around. It was good because it saved us all some money. I was glad I held onto some of the more special things. I still have a box with their newborn outfits and first shoes.

Emoticons

BabyMommy_3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Yes. Why waste perfectly good clothes? I had two sons and I'm now pregnant with my second daughter. :)

MamaTasha08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I only have one child, but I am definitely saving all of his nice clothes.  Even if I never have another boy to wear them I will keep a few because they are special.  When I had my son my MIL gave me the cutest little blue button up shirt and picture of my husband wearing the shirt when he was 3 days old.  My son also wore it when he was 3 days old and I saved it because it's still in great condition.

As my son gets older I'm sure there will be less and less clothes I can save because older kids are harder on their clothes, but I save when I can and donate what I don't want.

Littles1921
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 AM

LOL!!!  My dryer broke 2 days ago.....  I haven't made it to a laundra-mat yet.  So, yeah.......  I went through my 9 year old daughter's old jeans to find a pair of pants that weren't too "girlie" for him to wear.  He was fine with it! (Even if he didn't realize he was...)  :P

celticreverie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I kept everything I wanted. :)

I have pictures of Becka and Taegen in the same shirt.

I love hand me downs. :)

Becka:

Taegen:

Amom4BabyDude
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I am going to reuse clothes...especially at home play clothes and pajamas.  I have a one year old boy and a baby due in early May.  Whatever the sex, I will definitely reuse some of the at-home stuff if nothing else.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I am always proud to take care of my kids clothes, toys, books etc. I would willingly swap things with my sisters, cousins and sil's kids. We are close like that and know each of us take care of things.

Emoticons

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I have 3 boys and the other day I was washing clothes and came across a shirt that went through all three. Since I only have one girl she didn't have to have very many hand me downs! =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)