Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I wish we weren't related.....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay, so my grandfather is very sick, he's been going downhill for the past 4 months. My mom and I have been very concerned and doing everything we can to get him help, and into the hospital. My Aunt on the other hand isn't. All she's done is make him sign over power of attorney to her husband and medical power to her, she's also made him sign over his bank account to her. Now, I know, he's a grown man....but he doesn't even know what year it is...tonight he told a dr. it was 2002 when he was ambulanced to the hospital. And she had the nerve to tell a nurse that he's only gotten bad in the past week.....my mom was like "umm...it's been 4 months at least" She's taken everything she wants out of his house, literally it's almost stripped bare. It makes me so angry. She's not even his biological daughter, she's his daughter in law. It makes my mom feel like crap because she's doing all she can as she is a single mother, to help my papa as much as she can, but she works full time. And now she has no control over anything.....

On top of it my little 9 year old brother has started telling us that my cousin (my aunts daughter) acted inappropriately with my other brother who is 12...but my 12 year old brother won't say anything about it...my aunt and her family are poison....and I don't know how to stop them!!!

Sorry this is so long, thank you for listening to my rant....just needed to vent a little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I am an American, married to an Australian, breastfeeding (There's nothing better) Extended Rear Facing (If you don't do everything you can to protect your child then your not truly protecting them) Disposable diapering, Non CIO, Vaxing, Non-Spanking mother to Bengamin, my wonderful baby boy.
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bensmum25
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I do have to say though, I feel slightly better after typing it all out.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I am an American, married to an Australian, breastfeeding (There's nothing better) Extended Rear Facing (If you don't do everything you can to protect your child then your not truly protecting them) Disposable diapering, Non CIO, Vaxing, Non-Spanking mother to Bengamin, my wonderful baby boy.
Amom4BabyDude
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM

There's one in every family.  Sorry :-(.

AshOut
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Wow sounds just like my aunt(in-law) and uncle. and cousin. everything that has been happening to you has happened to my family. Its been 6 years since my grandfather died and my aunt in-law took everything including the house. Needless to say we have never looked back. Some people just have no heart.  

inocnt_1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:59 AM

I would contact your states ederly abuse advocate and tell them what is going on. What you aunt has done is considered a form of abuse.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow. For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.  So quiet down, cobwebs.  Dust go to sleep.  I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

toddler girl

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Quoting inocnt_1:

I would contact your states ederly abuse advocate and tell them what is going on. What you aunt has done is considered a form of abuse.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)