Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i knew it would happen but im still shocked

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

my sil is 17yrs old and about 4 months ago she moved in with her boyfriend. she used to party alot and go to clubs and drink and all that bull shit since she was 15yrs old. my inlaws never gave her shit for it. they bought her a 2000 expedition when she was 15yrs old and gave her the money to go out and buy club wear.

anyways i always thought she would get pregnant before she graduated, i would tell her to prove everyone wrong and finish school without getting pregnant. she is a senior and graduates in may of 2010. 

well today she came to the inlaws and had the talk with them. she is pregnant. about two months. they cried and she cried. i didnt give her grief about it because i know that is the last thing she needs. she knows it shouldnt have happened either. i told her i would be here for her and she could talk to me whenever she felt the need. i am just in shock because i thought she would prove everyone wrong. turns out we were right.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Starfire73
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:02 AM

My ex SIL was/is like that. Had her first baby when she was 15. Then her mom(My ex Monster in law) had the nerve to condone my god daughter telling me that she needed to keep her legs closed. I was like WTF?!?! She kept up with school and is now a college graduate thus proving that if ya bust your ass and have support from your family you can do it! My ex SIL always pulls the "poor me" story. Ugh, I can't stand her sometimes!

Anyway, I so feel you on this!!!

stephNcary
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:03 AM

aww...that sucks. on a good note though she can graduate from school before the baby is born, as long as she carries it until term. i hope all goes well for her and that she will have the support she needs to help her in the direction of making the right decisions from here on out.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

our newest addition coming soon:

college.mom0f2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I got pregnant at 17.  I graduated school and gave birth just days after turning 18.  I got pregnant 6 months later on BIRTH CONTROL.  It is hard, but if she wants to make it work she can, she just has to work her ass off and be the best mother she can.

sadeyez11
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM

i got pregnant at 17 as well. i gave birth at 18. we decided to try for another one right after my daughters first birthday. i know how hard it was. we struggled. lived with my inlaws for almost 2yrs. i just didnt want her to have to go through what i had to go through. i would not trade my babies for the world but i do wish i would have waited a couple more years.

Quoting college.mom0f2:

I got pregnant at 17.  I graduated school and gave birth just days after turning 18.  I got pregnant 6 months later on BIRTH CONTROL.  It is hard, but if she wants to make it work she can, she just has to work her ass off and be the best mother she can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)