Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dr. says......

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

my vitamin D is low. It's 11 and is supposed to be 30 something. They say this can make my bones soft. I'd like to know what I can drink and eat that is vit. D enriched. Thanks.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Swtmama62205
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:16 AM

there's Vitamin D milk.  And when its sunny out go lay out in the sun

excougarmama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Or you can simply go to Walmart and purchase a vitamin D supplement for $3.58 and take one or two a day.

anetrnlov
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM

This

Quoting Swtmama62205:

wedding website

grantsmommy23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 AM

My mom is also low in vitamin D.  She just has to take a vitamin, drink more milk, and go out in the sun at least 15 minutes a day without sunblock. 

lyrick24
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM

forgot to mention i hate milk but i guess there is sunny d or i could drink strawberry milk.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:52 AM

NO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DRINK MILK ITS SICK TO DRINK ANOTHER ANIMALS MILK jokeing  Vit D is in the sunshine But just remember to use sun block

Quoting Swtmama62205:

mamalinzie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Dark leafy greens.

But I also take a Vit D suppliment, because its one of the best ways to support your immune system and fight off seasona depression. I take about 4-5000 IUs a day. 

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Christine0813
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM

My vitamin D was low as well. I take vitamin D supplements. I'm not a milk drinker, not outside enough to get it from the sun. It helps absorb calcium and vitamin D deficiency may lead to cancer.

2gud2btrue
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:16 AM

i take a supplement...especially in the winter months when we dont get a lot of sunshine.  it helps beat the winter blues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)