Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you know (a question for those with SOs)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

Whether or not you are married....how long after dating/meeting SO did you know he/she was "the one?"

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Crystallynn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I had only known my (now) husband for about 3 months when I knew...... I still remember the moment that I looked at him and just "knew"

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

We began dating at 16. Dh and I got married at 20 and will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary in 28 days. We've been together for 18 years now. I'm pretty sure he's the one! LOL

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Admin- International Adoption
Mamaz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:20 AM

with my ex-husband i never felt it. i nver "knew he was the one". i wanted him to be but it just wasn;t happening.

with my SO it was weird. something was just THERE from beginning. but it was aobut 3-4 weeks when i started realizing...omg! this is it!!!

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

anetrnlov
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I actually knew before we started dating.

Eric and I had been friends for 11 years prior to dating.  He had always wanted us to be in a relationship but I always shot the idea down, he wasn't my "type".

He was "courting" this chick from Texas online and things were getting semi-serious...when that happened I noticed that I was getting jealous but couldn't understand why.....then he started talking about moving to Texas to be with her and I remember being so heart broken about it...at that moment I realized that I loved him and wouldn't be happy unless he was in my life forever.

wedding website

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM

After our second phone conversation.  We had been talking for maybe 3 weeks at that point between email and phone.  I was at a friend's house at the time and when I hung up the phone I looked at her and said, "That's the man I'm going to marry.  I feel in my gut that he is the one."  We were married six months later.  Six years later we're still going strong. :-)

3girls4mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:24 AM

We have been together for 11 years and I still don't know LOLOL  I was engaged to someone before this  relationship. He was in the military and we had only known eachother for a couple of weeks but we had an instant connection. He asked me to marry him right before he got sent away and I said yes and I knew in my heart that he was the one for me. Unfortunatly things did not work out, I could not grasp the distance thing, but I still know in my heart he was the one I was supposed to be married to. Maybe that's one reason I'm not in any "rush" to get married....I love my SO dearly, don't get me wrong! We have 3 beautiful kids together but things happened in a way that makes me know that if we didn't have kids we would not be together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)