Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD? Ebay Fraud....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

I bought the ToolBand-It™ off of Ebay.  The seller claimed it is the ToolBand-It™ AS SEEN ON TV!  I received the product and quickly realized it was not the real ToolBand-It™!  It was not even in any kind of packaging except a white thing box.  The product had no tag and the instruction page was just typed up and stuffed in the box. 

The product was cheaply made and did not even hold any tools.  They just slid down.

Anyways, I wrote the seller immediately letting him know he did not sell me what I bought!  I wanted a full refunded back asap and if he wanted the product back please include a separate shipping and handling. He wrote back with I am sorry you were not satisfied please find your full refund back in your account today and keep the product for a Christmas present.

Anyways I left him nuetral feedback stating this was not the AUTHENIC ToolBand-It™ and seller quickly refunded my money. 

He replied back to it with it is Authentic OEM version Thanks for your business.

For those not familar with OEM -

1) Originally, an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) was a company that supplied equipment to other companies to resell or incorporate into another product using the reseller's brand name. For example, a maker of refrigerators like Frigidaire might sell its refrigerators to a retailer like Sears to resell under a brand name owned by Sears. A number of companies, both equipment suppliers and equipment resellers, still use this meaning.

2) More recently, OEM is used to refer to the company that acquires a product or component and reuses or incorporates it into a new product with its own brand name.

First off nowhere in his listing does it state you will be getting the OEM version.

He even has the ToolBand-It™ pictures and description copied and pasted on his listing.  He sells a bunch of these and has had a few negative and neutral feedback for these but has not had negative or neutral feedback in the last 6 months until now.

So, WWYD?  Obviously he is not selling the product that he claims you will be getting!  Should I contact Ebay?  How about ToolBand-It™ and let them know that someone is selling his own product under their name?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I would report it. Thats Bull.

psychmama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Contact ebay, their pretty quick to take care of things like that.

loverbugsmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM

i would contact ebay... that sucks mama!!! im sorry you had to deal with that....

I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM A BREASTFEEDING, BABY-WEARING, EXTENDED REAR FACING, CLOTH DIAPERING,  CO-SLEEPING, HARNESS USING, LOVING, CARING MOMMY

check out my store... called Loverbugs... diapers, babylegs, and more

http://hyenacart.com/Home2Home/

momma2-3boys
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Quoting psychmama:

Contact ebay, their pretty quick to take care of things like that.

I am paranoid about it though, lol since he has my address and he is a power seller he has 3199 feedback left and his feedback score is 99.7%.  I figure a lot of people do not know they are getting a fraud.

I did buy the real Tool-Bandit and those 2 do not compare.

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Yes, you need to contact Ebay. I jsut hate sellers like that. There is so many of then out there.

momma2-3boys
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

Yes, you need to contact Ebay. I jsut hate sellers like that. There is so many of then out there.

Okay, I will now!  Thanks!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I have a question about Ebay.  We ordered something and the money got taken out of our bank account on the 20th of November and we still haven't gotten our stuff yet.  What would be taking it so long to get here?  I did track it and as of the 27th of November it had just went through San Francisco.  

I am sorry that you got ripped off.  Did you say you got your money back?  I ceratinly hope so and I would definitely contact ebay and the original maker of the Toolbandit. 

TinkTink205
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM

You would go into the account resolution center and explain your problem to ebay.  He has to respond and if he doesn't respond...you've reported the problem to ebay and they can issue a seller strike against him that would ruin his ebay reputation. 

Lace2180
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I have a question about Ebay.  We ordered something and the money got taken out of our bank account on the 20th of this month and we still haven't gotten our stuff yet.  What would be taking it so long to get here?  I did track it and as of the 27th of November it had just went through San Francisco.  

I am sorry that you got ripped off.  Did you say you got your money back?  I ceratinly hope so and I would definitely contact ebay and the original maker of the Toolbandit. 

ROXYBOOMBOOM
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Yes, contact ebay.

If you paid with paypal, report it to them and they will take care of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)