Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of poor children...how about trailer trash

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM
  • 41 Replies

My daughter had a friend spend the night, the girls parents came and picked her up the next day. Two weeks go by and my daughter says she doesn't want to be friends with this girl anymore. Two more weeks go by then the girls mom shows up at my door and demands her daughter's t-shirts back. I say OK. I didn't know my daughter had her daughter's shirts. She goes on and on about how she called my daughter and told her she wanted the shirts back and that my daughter blocked her (my daughter didn't block her, her phone was stolen). Why would someone ask a child for something. She had my number and my husband's. Why didn't she call us instead? What really got me is later that week at my daughter's school she was visiting her daughter and said out loud my daughter is trash. I draw the line there. That was childish.I never thought of us as trash. I am a college grad. Yes I live in an old run down trailer but that does not give her the right to call my daughter trash or no child for that matter. I know they have money I have seen their home, so is that how people with money think, that people who live in trailers are trash. That was so upsetting to hear that someone called my daughter that word. Why do some adults act like children? Why do people think they are better than others?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shawndrea
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM

THAT IS JUST AWFUL! people are so mean,

Tamarock
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I lived in a trailer growing up and I don't think that I am trailer trash.  I am a college student and I provide my kids with what they need which is a roof over their head, food in their belly, and plenty of love.  Some people just think that they are sooo much better than everyone else and its wrong.  Just let them think that and be the bigger person.

indymom72

She sounds like a douche bag..don't let her get to you.  Anyone that would insult a child needs their head examined.

celticreverie

I lived in a trailor and would do it again, especially if I could get land.

I dunno why people are so childish, that was uncalled for.. What a bitch. I would have called the school and have them remind that "mother" that if the children have to abide by no name-calling the parents have to as well.

I am sorry your daughter had to deal with something like this.

alwaysyoung
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:46 AM

She is the trashy one. Don't let that get to you.

01.Amey.07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:46 AM

As WRONG as that stereotype is, that's just what most idiots associate trailers with.  

Chrystal_A
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Wow that was uncalled for.I would speak to your daughter about keeping others belongings,even when they are not friends because that seems to be the underlining issue.Tell her if she wants a shit like that she can put it on her christmas list or earn money to buy it.But NO an adult does not have the right to call your daughter trash.I would of tld her get your trashy ass off my property!

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Im from Ma where trailers are unheard of. I just moved to SC and it is completely respectable to live in a trailer. Living it a trailer doesnt make a person trash- calling a child names infront of them when you are an adult does though. Sorry that happened, she sounds like a a-hole.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

meghan451
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM

i've seen some pretty nice trailors. i actually think they're kind of cute. that women was way of her rocker to call your daughter trailor trash. 

CafeMom Tickers
mae_01_sw
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I also live in a trailer..........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)