Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Every age is beautiful...when you take care of yourself.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 0 Replies

Okay so I am turning 25 in a month. So this is more of an observation.

I have noticed with my elder counterparts that they are slowly and surely becoming more and more obsessed with looking younger.  Doing all sorts of things as drastic as plastic surgery or getting botox before they even turn 40 *cough* my mil *cough* to dressing in clothes meant for juniors. *cough* mil *cough* lol.  My mil is 44 now and not only does she spend thousands on botox,  on clothes, and even hair dye each year. I do her hair, and don't get me wrong I am proud of my work. But I can tell you right now she is all grey so why doesn't she flaunt it. She is causing her body more and more damage each year. by skipping meals to be unnaturally skinny, refusing to exercise because it hurts, cooking foods that are highly processed when she does actually eat something, and bleaching her hair to a point that it will begin to break if she doesn't take my advice. But I am beginning to realise that she isn't the only one. My grandmother did alot of the same things. But has finally gave it up and she is still beautiful even more so.

My feelings might change about it when I get older ( i have to admit 30 makes me uncomfortable). But I see these women and wonder why they are focusing on looking younger rather than looking healthy and natural.  I have sort of gone through a transformation this year. I have changed my diet to a vegan diet, I cut off all the haircolor that I had in my hair, and I am working out. I feel fantastic and I am beginning to like the results of healthy, natural me. It's not a huge transformation. But lets say hair for example. Maybe it's the training but I can tell (in person) if your hair is colored or not. Not that it's a big deal to each their own. But I have come to realize that the feeling of natural hair and the texture of natural hair is much better than colored hair especially over processed hair which is very common.

I just think rather than putting all that time , energy and money into looking younger.  We should put that effort into being healthy. Eat more foods that is good for your body, I don't mean everyone must be vegan, that just works for me. My body responds more to that diet than anything else. But whole natural foods are what we should strive for.  Exercise at least thirty minutes every day. Theres no need to cut, tuck or poision any part of our bodies, and while there is nothing wrong with coloring our hair but maybe rather than coloring all over just get hilights or lowlights to enhance our natural haircolor.  

I just want to say There is nothing wrong with natural beauty and every age can be beautiful.

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Weight Loss Diary
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)