Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering why....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM
  • 12 Replies

....Why do people share their financial situations (I mean detailed, as in what they spend or what they or their SO makes) on here?  I don't know, I was always taught that money is a private matter when it comes to the specifics.

Not to mention, it inevitably turns into a bash fest between the Haves and the Have Nots. 

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. CLICK HERE

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1day1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Some ppl are curious to what others have/make. Because you should not ask people IRL these things ... such as ...How much do you spend at Christmas time? So how else are you gonna find out?  I think it's interesting.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM

same w/ the xmas gifts question. if you know u cant afford it  , dont reply and get upset when others have more than u.

we have 1 income , ill admit we're not spending like before. right now id be buying w/e i want online bc im bored. but we cant. i am having the hardest time find a job and its killing me. BUT luckily my SO knows how to manage money , so therefore bills are caught up, xmas is almost done ... it feels good. but theres tons id love to do but cant. i probably could , but i dont feel right using his money.

mymaddiegrl2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I know  it amazes me and it usually comes back to bite them in the ass. they will talk in one post about they are poor and on gov assistance and next post  talks about spending . I am amazed by a lot of the personal information put in the forum 

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM

ha ha, true, actually a lot of things discussed here are way too personal,,, some of these topics blow me away!

kk_bella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Why do we ever share anything? Or debate or discuss anything?

I sometimes share information about our finances or private life. Why? Because people have prejudices and the only way to combat them is with truthful, real life stories.

Maybe people will bash me. Oh well. I don't really care what some moron on cafemom has to say about it. If my story helps one person pull their head out of their ass, it is worth being called names but some less than intellectual mom who thinks she knows everything because she popped out two babies.

mymaddiegrl2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 AM

agree and some of it is so random you just wanna go do you really think I care.

Quoting gardenchic:

ha ha, true, actually a lot of things discussed here are way too personal,,, some of these topics blow me away!

AJmum
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I have to say this has never bothered me until a post I just saw. Usually if its a round about I will answer, like a poll or something like that. But there was just one asking how much you have to your name or something like that right now. What??? Why do you want to know that? I don't feel comfortable saying that. But I just choose not to even open.

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

....Why do people share their financial situations (I mean detailed, as in what they spend or what they or their SO makes) on here?  I don't know, I was always taught that money is a private matter when it comes to the specifics.

Not to mention, it inevitably turns into a bash fest between the Haves and the Have Nots. 

I just shared because I wanted to brag about my husbands extensive collection of valuble action figures and mcdonald hot wheels.

Don't hate!

LOL

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:35 AM

but i do wonder,,,,,,is there a topic out there, that IS TOO PERSONAL TO DISCUSS.,,,,,,,,hmm, i doubt it,,, with some people....................

AJmum
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM

How can I get in on that?!?!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

I just shared because I wanted to brag about my husbands extensive collection of valuble action figures and mcdonald hot wheels.

Don't hate!

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)