Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send your kids to daycare when you are off work or school.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 19 Replies

When you have a day off do you still send your kids to a baby sitter or daycare?

Or for teachers when you are off during the summer do you still send your kids to daycare?

Happily Married        Dallas Rhae      Kayden Matthew         Baby #3
April 2, 2007              Mar 23, 2006     Oct 31, 2007           

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

when i worked at this one cafe , i had ALOT of days off , but i sent my son to day care sometimes , not for the whole 8 hrs tho. i liked him being around those kids. at the apartment i didnt let him play w/ ths kids his age , so it was nice for him to get around kids his age. so if i was off 2days he went 1 for like 2-3 hrs. another job i had i was only off thurs-fri-sa-sun, he didnt go bc those were my only days off , and i worked 12 hrs the other days.

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM

no, but i know  A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO,,,,, guess they need the break, i would never do that, I LOVE BEING WITH MY KIDS,,,,, even when they drive me mental,,,

hopeym23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM

When I was still in school I would so I could rest or study.  Not all the time but if I felt I needed it.  Now that I am a SAHM again I do once in a blue moon.  I need a break too.  My daughter is an only child (for now...I'm pregnant!!) and it gives her some social time and she likes playing with the kids.

Shanamaria

I NEVER HAVE.. Nor would I ever!    I hate those places...

kearasmom

Only if I have a lot of errands to run and I know i'm gonna be out for most of the day.  She tends to get fussy the longer she has to sit in a carseat.  As soon as I'm done I pick her up though.

Makenseysmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I work at a childcare center and it bugs me so bad that parents do this. I can understand once in a bluemoon, but I like to spend time with my child when I have the day off. I know they pay for us to watch their child, but my child means more to me than the money I would "waste".

SmoochPhotography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
lizmarie1975

You bet.  I paid a weekly fee so they were going regardless.

StrayMom

When I was off I would keep my kids home with me, as it was time I was eager to spend with them that I ordinarily could not.

On occasion, there was something special going on at the preschool (a party or a visitor) that they really wanted to go to, so I would let them go on those days. 

hopeym23

Quoting gardenchic:

no, but i know  A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO,,,,, guess they need the break, i would never do that, I LOVE BEING WITH MY KIDS,,,,, even when they drive me mental,,,

I love being with my child too!  It isn't all about me...I send her there to play with the other kids too.  She doesn't play with any other kids unless she is at daycare.

Avabliss
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Right now my mom wathes her when our shifts overlap because we had a daycare nightmare and I am scared to go to another one.  This winter she will go into Montessori.  So I did, and I will.  :) 

***edit: I misread the question.  No, when we are off she is home with one of us.

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)