Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still use a baby monitor??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

DD will be turning 2 this Friday and I still use a baby monitor every day during nap time and every night when she goes to bed. Occasionally she wakes up in the middle of the night because of bad dreams or what not, and I am a heavy sleeper so I would not hear her in her room. I shutter to think of her crying in her room for me one night and me not hear her.

At what age did you stop using the baby monitor?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

~*Rachel*~
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
preemiemommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM

i stopped at about 2.  i still put it in there when he is sick though.  just in case.  i'm a pretty light sleeper so i hear him if he wakes up. 

My eggo is preggo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
imechard
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Yes, my kids are almost four and 2.5 and I use it at bedtime. Not for nap time, because I am up and I hear them, but I will turn it on when I am in the shower so I hear it

mom2four1978
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I still use one in my girls room, they are 8 and 4. Our house is set up weird and their room is kinda far from ours. They also like to get up and play in the middle of the night. I use the baby monitor so that I know when they do this and I can put them back to bed or they are bears the next day and one of them has to go to school.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

ToraMay
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I stopped using a baby monitor 3 months into my first kiddo. I could hear his cries just fine without it, even with him being across the house.

twinmamaof3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:27 AM

we have never used a monitor really.  with my first son He slept in the room with me. ( iwas living with my parents, hubby was deployed) then with the twins we had the apnea monitors until they were 5 months so we never used a monitor.  they are 3 and 2 (twins) 

Brittney_OREGON
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM

dd is 16 months and i still use one and plan to continue till she is out of the crib... i can  hear when she stands up and jiggles the crib with it on so i can check to make sure she isnt climbing out... we also have all our rooms on the top floor so i shut her door so if she does climb out and i dont hear her she doesnt tumble down the stairs too.

mom-lovingit
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:44 AM

My DD is 19mo and i still use it, we close her door at night and it's really hard to hear hear unless she is really belting it out- so I don't want it to get to that point if she needs me :o)  Good post, i've often wondered the same thing! :O)

Pregnancy Ticker

coleysmama
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Don't remember for my older 2 but for my littlest guy I still use it.

It's a video monitor and I love it!!

If I'm in the kitchen with water running, washing machine going and the dryer on, and his door closed I can't hear a thing.

I also use it when I have to shower even though DS is awake. I just put the gate in his doorway  and bring the monitor to the bathroom this way I can still see and hear him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)