Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not gay but it hurts my heart

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

I suppose this is sort of a spin off. I believe gay marriage should be legal. It literally makes me ill and it makes my chest hurt to think of all of these wonderful people in committed, adult relationships who are in love with each other and would die for that person but they aren't allowed to use a stupid word to describe their relationship.

It hurts my heart.

That's all.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Ditto.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Definitely.

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. CLICK HERE

MalreeRose1208
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM

i agree.

greenie63
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I couldn't agree more!

clapping

Logansmommy34
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I feel the same exact way. They are adults! They have rights! Why shouldnt they be allowed to show their love.. Love is Love... Period

LadyIQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Agreed.  Plus not having the legal protection that marriage brings like: inheritance, next of kin, estate laws, and medical insurance in some cases. 

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM

YEP, FOR SURE!!!!!!

abbysmommy429
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I agree... I hate seeing some of my friends who can't have the same term used that I can use for my marriage. They are just as in love and would be just as great parents. Ugh!!  They just call themselves married and wear the rings, but I can't wait till it is legal! 

CafeMom Tickers
mistie900
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I agree and I do not think it is up to the government to decide what is "morally correct" they have no business deciding that.

KristaP13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Same here.

My best friend is doing it anyway.

She's having a ceremony, and all that jazz to marry her girlfriend. It might not be a legit marriage, but damnit she's doing it anyway!!!

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)