Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MANAPUA?????Anyone in Hawaii???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am trying to find a way i can get some manapua's sent to kentucky.  We lived in Hawaii for 4 years and Ioved them.  I would like to be able to share them here with my family.  Please if anyone knows anyway i can get them let me know..

Thank you and God Bless!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blessedgk00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM

bump

mna_823
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Dunno, but here's a BUMP.

monkeymomkristi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Do you have an asian food store near you at all?  Ours sometimes carries Char Su Bau (sp?), which is basically the same thing as manapua.  Not as good as getting it fresh from Hawaii - but it works when we are craving it and MIL isn't going to Hawaii for a visit anytime soon to be able to bring us home some.

blessedgk00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Ill have to check but wow I am so wanting some bad..  Does it have the bread around it too? or is it just the inside?

blessedgk00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM

And thank yoU!

Quoting monkeymomkristi:

Do you have an asian food store near you at all?  Ours sometimes carries Char Su Bau (sp?), which is basically the same thing as manapua.  Not as good as getting it fresh from Hawaii - but it works when we are craving it and MIL isn't going to Hawaii for a visit anytime soon to be able to bring us home some.

monkeymomkristi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM

You're welcome!  It has the bread around it too, looks just like manapua, tastes pretty close.  The bread doesn't seem quite as thick and sweet to me, but like I said, it works if you can't get some from Hawaii.  In ours we have a kind of deli section, and I usually find it over there with the other specialty breads and desserts in a refridgerated section.    I'm sure you could ask an employee where to find it as well.  Good luck!

Quoting blessedgk00:

And thank yoU!

Quoting monkeymomkristi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)