Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant ANYONE just respect my wishes?! (ADULT language)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  • 29 Replies

I'm going to make this as quick as possible. I just dont understand why people cant respect others wishes!

I told everyone that DH and I do not want to know the sex of the baby, we WANT to be surprised. EVERYONE has pushed and pushed and I have stuck to my guns. Just when I thought they had all calmed the fuck down and decided to respect our wishes....

Yesterday my MIL asks when the next U/S is, I tell her and she has the NERVE to say "Can't I just go and take a peek? I PROMISE I wont tell you guys what I see!"

I am a VERY calm woman, so I laughed and told her that under no circumstance were ANYONE but the U/S tech and the DR going to know the sex of this baby until he/she is born. She calmed down, but it's just really getting under my skin. I respect all of her wishes... WHY is she being so FUCKING selfish?!?!

Ok done... bash away about what an evil bitch I am for not letting her know. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hormones are wonderful arent' they?

simple smile

little.miss.mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I know how you feel my mother and sister were horrible about waiting to find out the sex of my daughter. Stick to your guns it is the best surprise you will ever have.

photoqueen240
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM

YOU are the one carrying the baby, not her. And it is very selfish, & disrespectful of her to think she should get to find out what the sex is BEFORE you do, the mother! You are a lot calmer than I am, I would have told her off.

mistie900
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Don't let them get to you! Just keep saying NO! (I on the other hand couldn't wait to find out lol)

siren_sexy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM

don't blame it on the hormones. people are just nosy and pushy. if i don't like something i say it. what can they say? it's your baby!

spcjones203
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I don't blame the MIL for wanting to know, who wouldn't? It's such an exciting time! Besides, how can she buy you all kinds of baby stuff if she doesn't know?!?!

HOWEVER, she should be respecting your wishes because it is your baby.

Alaina623
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Most Techs can completely avoid the genitals to keep it a secret from themselves as well. There is nothing that they need to check on any U/S that needs them to look at the genitals. Ok, MAYBE if you have some weird family history or medical history that affects the genitals.... Even then I doubt an U/S will tell them anything they need to know.I'd be the bitch that would say yeah! Come on with us to the U/S and then ask the tech to avoid the gender all together. Take that MOM! HA!

Alaina

A proud wife to a SrA, mommy to a special needs boy, a bratty drama queen and #3 is on the way is another presious girl!

babies

lesliesam
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

everyone wants to know so they can buy the right stuff, but things are made that can go either way.

Stick to your guns and just tell people o'well, its my baby, my choice. My son would never let us see what he was, so I had to wait until he was born.

QuickMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Dont let it get to you,stick to your guns which you seem to be doing.With my 2 we did not want to know the sex but always ended up finding out.With our daughter the tech kind of told us and with my son it obvious that there was a penis.With the one I am currently pregnant with I want to know but dont want to know.

Queenie13
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quoting spcjones203:

I don't blame the MIL for wanting to know, who wouldn't? It's such an exciting time! Besides, how can she buy you all kinds of baby stuff if she doesn't know?!?!

Please don't get me wrong. I understand how excited blah blah blah she is, but so is my mother and she hasn't even HINTED at finding out since I told her we didn't want to know. Its just... yeah I'll blame the hormones today...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)