Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Know People With young Kids..........

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM
  • 60 Replies

That do not decorate for Christmas,,,, no decorations, no baking, no tree???? and not including Jehovahs that do not celebrate it.................

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM

*Raises hand

I just don't feel like it this year. So the only "decorations" we are going to have are the little crafts my kids bring home from school. They'll still get thier presents though.. they'll probably just be sitting on the coffee table this year.

savannahnhi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM

confused

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM

We don't celebrate a traditional Christmas at my house. No tree or decorations. No baking (although, we do go to my mom's for Christmas dinner). We do give our son gifts though.

serioussifL
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Yes. And thats me.

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM

We did one year because of financial constraints and all of our decorations were in a storage unit across the country.  Our kids were only 1 and 2 months old at the time, so they don't remember that we didn't have decorations that year.  It's hard to get in a festive mood and get motivated to decorate when you're depressed because of money.

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM

this is a lot more common then i thought,,,, i know a few people that do this,,, and it has nothing to do with money,,,, they just do not celebrate it...............

mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Yes I do. My BIL and SIL. I always felt bad for the kids because they'd beg their dad to get them a tree and he wouldn't. Every year the week before xmas I bring them over to my house to bake cookies and other goodies, play christmas music,  the stuff they don't have at home. They're not so young anymore (my niece is 10 and nephew 13) but they still want to come over and celebrate with us.

Alaina623
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I'm that person that avoids the Christmas stuff until the very last possible second. I'm kinda ok wiht it now that it is after Thanksgiving. I'm a firm believer in holiday snot starting 3 months before the actual day. For some reason this pregnancy is makign me almost want to decorate the house. Ugggh.. SOOO SOON! At least it is December 1 so it is acceptable. :D Just waiting to get our tree this weekend. Mwahahaha!

Alaina

A proud wife to a SrA, mommy to a special needs boy, a bratty drama queen and #3 is on the way is another presious girl!

babies

luv2wahm
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM

no I don't...I am sure there are many that do though..

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Yeah...im not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)