Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

Censoring what you were watching on TV in front of your child? I like a lot of cop shows like CSI, NCIS and Bones and stuff like that, but sometimes they can be pretty graphic and there is alot of violence.

So my question is my DS is 21 months old. He pays no attention to the TV unless cartoons or sports (thanks to papi) are on. At what age do I have to censor the TV I watch? I have DVR so I could always just record and watch it after bed time... but right now I just don't see a reason for it. We've censored our music already because he did pick up on the F word. So I've learned my lesson there, lol.

Thanks for any advice or stories you have.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kk_bella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Honestly, I would start right now, if I were you.

My daughter was just about two years old when she began reacting in that way to television. We were watching a scary movie one night and it really affected her- to the point where we turned it off.

We now have a one year old son also and we do not watch any of that kind of stuff around him, we did not want to get into the habit ofdoing it and then have to stop when he got older.

ashnevlex
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I started paying attention when my oldest was maybe one. I don't really remember for sure though. She would always stop and stare at the tv if something caught her eye, so we stopped watching anything that wasn't suitable for children while she's awake. I have recently discovered that I can no longer watch Family Guy because she won't leave the room when I turn it on. It's a cartoon so she thinks it's for her. Oh well, I suppose I'm out-growing that show anyways :(   I'm getting old lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)