Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*scream* seriously, someone calm me down! PLEASE!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 7 Replies

So last night I posted that I had mistakenly posted a personal statement about the health of a former friend. After realizing my mistake(the info was wrong) and being corrected by her BFF, my friend, I deleted the statement, wrote an apology about giving out wrong info and then deleted the correction from the friend. I didn't see the point in leaving it up there, it would have been confusing to ppl.

So this morning I check my FB and she has gone off on me in a comment on a seperate status, publicly, about how i'm creating drama and acting like a child for deleting her correction. And she sends me a message saying the same thing accusing me of creating drama for being mad at her. Then she starts iming me. At this point I politely explain to her what I meant by deleting her correction, and she goes off on why I deleted the other statement. I tell her I did it because it was childish, I knew her intent behind it(obviously, the way it was worded, it was pretty plain).

The B**** has the nerve to say that the ONLY reason I am mad is because my former BFF is getting better and I was secretly hoping she would die! I exploded......said some REALLY nasty things to her(honestly though, things I have been wanting to say for awhile) I am furious! We are no longer friends and will never be again. EVER. How DARE this brat say that to me! I have been friends with my former BFF for 16 years! She's only known her 2 years. yeah, we may have had a falling out, but we've had lots of those and always eventually worked past it. I have been a wreck since they told me how bad off she was! I DO NOT in anyway shape of form want her DEAD!!!!!!

MDPhotography2009. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TheTaoOfKim
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I think you are on the wrong forum looking for back up and advice. I would do my best to make amends with the friend you ticked off and disregard anyone who puts their nose in it besides your friend.

kk_bella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Ugh, that sucks.

But she doesn't matter, she is obviously an asshat. A rational person would have given you the benefit of the doubt and asked without going off or accusing you of something.

Like I said, she doesn't matter. Your BFF does.

Think about sending her a nice little card? Sometimes it is the small things that really help a situation, you might be surprised :)

mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM

The friends that matter most right now... even though you have known her for 16 yrs... are the ones that were the closest to her through her struggle with cancer... the ones who were there for her.... Unffrotunately, you weren't... and came into the  picture late....

Just turn around and let it go. Your Former BFF would probably not be happy with this spat going on between her old friends and new friends... she has enough on her plate without dealing with the drama going on on Facebook.... Or if she does know about it, a BIG APOLOGY should be made to the former BFF, and given well wishes for a speedy recovery and prayer for remission. If you want to reconcile your friendship with her, then now is your chance to step up and be a friend again. TO HER, not her newer friends. Stop the fighting out of respect to your former BFF.

Valerie429
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I would just like to let you know that you have every right to be angry at this situation.  Do not let this other person make you feel any worse, just ignore her.  She is not the important one her.  I am speaking from experience when I say you should do everything possible to make amends with your sick friend before the worst happens and she is gone.  My best friend died while we were not speaking to each other and I cant even remember what we were fighting over.  Noone  had any warning when my friend died, the doctors said she died from a condition that noone knew she had, not even her family.  If I would have known, I would have done every thing in my power to make amends with her.  I hope your friend gets better, but if her condition worsens it may help her die more peacefully knowing you two were friends again when sho goes.

photoqueen240
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Crap, I just realized that she has my favorite pair of high heels and I need them for a christmas party..........

I thouht about reaching out to my BFF but apparently, according to the brat(in her message she jus sent me) I will NEVER be friends with Paula ever again, she'll make sure of it.

kk_bella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Quoting photoqueen240:

Crap, I just realized that she has my favorite pair of high heels and I need them for a christmas party..........

I thouht about reaching out to my BFF but apparently, according to the brat(in her message she jus sent me) I will NEVER be friends with Paula ever again, she'll make sure of it.

Then maybe you should be the bigger person. How about you try to meet her in person? That way, you can calmly explain to her what you explained to us and you can at least as for your shoes back.

People grow big balls when they are on the internet, I bet she might listen to you if you talked to her in person. Bring a peace offering, like some pumpkin cake or something.

And don't let her step in the way of you and paula. It doesn't matter if she has already bad mouthed you, you can still reach out to her.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM

my cousin has cancer and a former friend of hers wrote things on facebook and it caused a huge uproar. dont post things about other people without their consent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)