Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he loves me,advice please

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

recently my mom and my sister made a comment to me about how much they liked my boyfriends best friend more then they like my boyfriend,i thought it was funny and told my boyfriend what they said,thinking he would think it was funny too.big mistake,he got mad at my mom and yesterday his best friend stopped by.and my boyfriend told him what they said.later last night his best friend texted me and told me that he loved me and that i should leave my boyfriend and be with him,his best friend is 20 years older then me and i dont love him,i care about him cause he has always been there for me,more then my own boyfriend has and has helped me out a lot.i fee l awkward  around him now,and dont know if i should tell my boyfriend?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Juliekat23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Do you think maybe your boyfriend asked him to text that to see if you feel the same way as your family?  Like maybe your family made him feel insecure with your relationship?  That was the impression I got. 

CafeMom Tickers

pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Wow tough spot. I would tell your boyfriend but that's just how I am. I tell my husband everything. I would also explain to the best friend that you are flattered but do not feel the same way. Let them both know that you don't want this to come between them. It may sound like your boyfriend is a bit insecure. Let him know how much you care about him. If you don't tell him about this situation, it could cause a lot of problems later. You don't want trust issues.

Heather Nickless
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.
LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I was in this exact situation.

And yes...I told my husband.

Wouldn't you want to know if YOUR best friend was in love with your husband and trying to take him from you?

TheTaoOfKim
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I would tell your BF friend that he put you in a horrible and uncomfortable situation and he should be ashamed of himself for doing that. I wouldn't say anything to your BF and I would tell your family that their comments were unwanted in the future regarding your relationship. 

lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Quoting Juliekat23:

Do you think maybe your boyfriend asked him to text that to see if you feel the same way as your family?  Like maybe your family made him feel insecure with your relationship?  That was the impression I got. 

Haha, I thought that too. But yes OP, I'd tell him.

usafwife314

I would tell him.  If you have no feelings whatsoever for the friend, you have nothing to hide!  No reason to not tell him.

enchantingspa

This put the situation in to your hands with your BF you would want to know this.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

I was in this exact situation.

And yes...I told my husband.

Wouldn't you want to know if YOUR best friend was in love with your husband and trying to take him from you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)