Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son needs a CT scan :(

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 10 Replies

next friday my son who is 7 months is going to get a CT scan on his head, his brain is perfectly normal. but he has plagiocephaly which is the back of his head is flat. his head was mis-shapen when he was born and it kept getting flatter and now we are doing tests so he can get a reshaping helmet, ugh its so irritating that this happened, i didn't leave him on the floor or in his crib all day idk why this happened, i keep blaming myself, and now he can sit up its not getting any better :( i hate when we take him out and people are staring at his head. im like ya hes got a flat head get on with your life damn don't stare....but im all freaked out about this test because they are sedating him and it is makin me a nervous wreck :( i just wish this goes smoothly and i want all this stuff to be done and over with so he will have a normal shaped head again, my next kid is sleepin on their tummy lol

its pretty flat :(

my cutie :) i took this yesterday

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Aw, poor baby. I honestly can't tell a huge difference but I know that doesn't mean it's not there.

if it helps at all, I have several Cm friends whose children have had to go through this and are wearing helmets now or had to wear them and now they got taken off. Their kids are all doing just fine.

I hope his CT scan goes well.

akataml
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:23 AM

My sons head is like that.He will be 3 in februaryIt never rounded out regardless of me keeping him off of it. His ped isnt concerned though. Goodl luck, im sure all will be fine. And dont worry about people staring.People are dumb. :) 

funnymonkey.jpg funny as image by kingbajafunny-7.jpg Icon image by AnimeDeath543210050.gif mouse dance image by ghostly3

Heartlight617
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM
My son had an MRI age 5. He was sedated, and they can put a numbing cream on the site where the IV goes, if they even use IV. They may give him a drink.They take really good care of them! Hang in there!
Carol
charmgirl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hi! My son went through this-They actually thought that he may need brain surgery because they thought he had a certain condition.

Anyway...My son had to get the brain scan also. I was nervous as heck. Everything turned out just fine. He was upset when he woke up-I was in the waiting room, but they called me back as soon as he woke up, and all was fine. Dont stress about this. And dont worry about the people that stare-They are just ignorant to you and your child's situation.

Turns out that my son just needed a special molding pillow that he had to sleep with at night. Maybe that's all your son will need also. I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions, i'd be glad to answer them! =)

mom2four1978
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Awe momma, its always hard when the little ones have the first big medical test. Try not to freak your self out to much. One of my kids had an MRI and one a CT and it was pretty fast for both kids actually, just a couple of minutes. Both of mine were given two separate shots as sedation. One shot a few minutes after the other.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

wildwiccan83
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM

My son has never had this done but he did have surgery at 7 weeks on his stomach and had to be sedated. They did the 2 shot thing and even let me hold him while they were sedating him and give him a kiss before they took him away. Good luck honey i know its nerve racking and my thoughts are with you

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Awwww I know how hard it is to watch your baby go through this!  My daughter has MRIs under sedation every 6-12 months and she had surgery on her back when she was 5.  I'm somewhat used to it now (she has had seven or eight of them by now) but I still get nervous every time!  The first few times I made sure to bring someone to keep me company while DD was in the test.  It helped to have someone there to help pass the time!  Is anyone going there with you?

JDon27
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM

My 8 month old isn't getting a ct scan, but I definately feel your fear. He is going in next week for surgery to try and locate his testicle, the urologist thinks he only has one developed. He will get anethesia and be numbed from the waist down. I will be thinking of your baby. Keep your head up, we are moms and have to be strong for our babies :). 

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Poor little guy! I'm sure its nothing you did. I guess somtimes these things happen. Hang in there!
lvnmylif
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM

My niece had to have all of this done.  The X ray showed her plates were not fused so she could simply get the helmet.  She wore the helmet for a few months and it corrected her flat spot entirely.  She had a flat spot to where if you saw her from the side you saw her face then it was like a straight line in the back.  It almost looked like she had no skull in the back.  Don't worry to much.  My niece actually liked her helmet after about a week and when she was done still wanted to wear it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)