Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stocks????

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM
  • 4 Replies

Where do you get a stock? I would like to start saving and maybe get a stock but have no clue where to start.

please and thank-you

Mckenzie& Kaydencetwin girls

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Heartlight617
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Start by reading the business page of your local paper. Also, Smith Barney and T. Rowe Price have great reps. T. Rowe Price has Equity Income, a mutual fund which is a great way to start! Good luck!
Carol
LuvmySFSGT
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Personally I stick with CD's.

I like gauranteed money I guess.

I get mine through USAA...since the market is down 12 month (or less) CD's are the way to go.

WildKat
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Check out some financial mags at the library to get started on the basics.  Kiplinger's Personal Finance is a good place to start, or check the web.

Typically, you'd need a brokerage account to trade stocks.  But depending on your situation, you might be better off with mutual funds, which invest in several stocks on your behalf, and have a manager that runs them, etc. Or CD's, which are less risky (but they do have lousy dividends right now.)

Some banks have affilliated brokerage services.  You can ask there, or do something like ameritrade...

Good luck and peace,

Kat

kimstack
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM

ok thanks! I think i might check into cd's i wouldn't mind having a cd for my 2 girls!

Mckenzie& Kaydencetwin girls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)