Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hair is falling out!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 35 Replies

So I went to doctor for a number of things and one of the tests that he ran came back ab normal. Vitamin D...normal is 30 mine is 9 so I'm taking vit d for it LOL. So anyways my hair is falling out like crazy!!!!!! I mean like hand fulls at a time!!!!!! What could be making this happen???? =(

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

babies

baby

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Richys_Girl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I have no idea momma. But mine is doing the same damn thing! :(

Our house is covered in my damn hair! :S 

natekenna
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM

My hair is falling out but its due to my thyroid, so hopefully my meds help level me out soon so I am not baldheaded! I love my hair :(

julieobug
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM

He tested thyroid too so I'm good there....but I love my hair....its always getting in the babies mouth and around his little fingers and I'm scared it will get tightly around them...DH is always making fun of me he says I'll be bald before Christmas!

babies

baby

RoguesMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM

After having babies many women start losing their hair do to hormones still leveling out and becoming normal. I had my baby in September 2006 and noticed my hair was falling out in December 2006. I went to the dr and my thyroid was a little off (.4 of a point) and then I was told that its VERY common after pregnancy to lose some hair thyroid issues or not.

I'm not a medication person, so I didn't take the thyroid pill, they didn't even say there was a need since the number was too little. But my hair did stop falling out around April. I haven't had problems since then.

So it takes about 6-7 months to get your hormones back to being level and normal after childbirth.

My thyroid is no longer off anymore too.

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
marshsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I agree.  Also, if you've had a surgery or something that required sedation this can make your hair fall out too.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

After having babies many women start losing their hair do to hormones still leveling out and becoming normal. I had my baby in September 2006 and noticed my hair was falling out in December 2006. I went to the dr and my thyroid was a little off and then I was told that its VERY common after pregnancy to lose some hair.

I'm not a medication person, so I didn't take the thyroid pill. But my hair did stop falling out around April. I haven't had problems since then.

So it takes about 6-7 months to get your hormones back to being level and normal after childbirth.

mrsmoore02
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I lost a lot of hair after I had DD.  It stopped after a couple of months.  As long as there's no bald patches and it's not coming out in huge clumps then it's perfectly normal.

tigerlillyt7

for me it was the combination of stress and birth contol pills!

bella69147

In the winter hair falls out more and certain vitamins will make hair fall out. I use nioxin hair and conditioner. It has helped. GL.

julieobug
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:48 AM

6-7 MONTHS!!!!! I'm not doubting you I'm just in shock....I'm going to be bald....I mean when I say handfuls I mean when I'm in the shower I have to constantly be running my hands through my hair so it doesn't go down the drain...otherwise I have to do drano once a week!!! 

Thanks for the info momma! 

Quoting RoguesMommy:

After having babies many women start losing their hair do to hormones still leveling out and becoming normal. I had my baby in September 2006 and noticed my hair was falling out in December 2006. I went to the dr and my thyroid was a little off and then I was told that its VERY common after pregnancy to lose some hair.

I'm not a medication person, so I didn't take the thyroid pill. But my hair did stop falling out around April. I haven't had problems since then.

babies

baby

Bleaf
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:49 AM

When I was nursing my last 2 children my hair fell out in patches about the size of a quarter. I mean shiny bald patches. Those damn hormones....... I feel your pain honey.

plant a tree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)