Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need to end a 'friendship'? How, without being an asshole? Lol.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm gonna try & keep it short. DH used to be best friends with this guy but they haven't hung out in a really long time. He was extra annoying but I kept my yap shut because he was his best friend.. I got a long with his wife pretty good. We have daughters who are 7-8 months apart (mine the younger of the two).. I don't agree with their parenting, they've taught their daughter to say things like "jew" and "douche" and I won't be teaching my child that. DH and I planned on TTC this October, we ended up changing it for  spring instead and I'm due next month. Shortly after she has an 'oops' and got pregnant too... after months of talking about how funny it would be to have ALL of our kids the same age.. Cute concept EXCEPT for the comparisons ALL day long. Seeing as her daughter was almost walkng when mine was a newborn of course she is going to be more advanced than my DD but that doesn't stop her from comparing. I've bit my tongue every single time, and its been pretty hard ~ I'm generally outspoken.  We're friends on facebook and I swear every single status update I do, she has to one up me! No matter what it is! I am so damn annoyed at this point. We're supposed to get together tomorrow to hang out (and I'm totally dreading it) and she is suppose to take some maternity pics of me.. at this point I don't even freaking care about my picture being taken. I keep trying to chalk up my annoyance to hormones but come to think of it I've been annoyed by her since DD was born and she started comparing our babies.. I'm trying to cut this friendship without being too mean.. She thinks our daughters are gonna grow up and be best friends (who can force that anyway??) ..DH isnt even friends with her husband anymore anyway.. We even got invited to a christmas party at her in laws but we're getting out of it because we have too many xmas parties anyway..  What should i do? I don't think I can keep pretending to be someones friend.. for one that is super fake, but I don't want to be mean :\

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Be honest with her. Let her know that it bothers you. I recently found out that there were some things that I was doing that was bothering someone else and I never knew. Maybe try that route first and then if nothing works, just let her know that unfortunately you do not feel as if you can be friends anymore as you don't think it will benefit either of the children.

Heather Nickless
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.
stevi3905
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I would not be honest. I think that with that type of person she will take it as an attack and anything you say will just be publicized to get attention. I would just stop hanging out with her and make up excuses.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)