Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever made you feel bad about the gender of your kids?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Has anyone ever made you feel bad about the gender of your kids?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Totally stolen from the Answers section (credit to caitxrawks)

(here's my answer)

"We are trying for our first, so no one (on his side) has complained about gender yet, though i'm sure they will (always have something to complain about), for now it's not about the gender it's about WHEN (are we going to have kids). Out of his siblings (he has four, but only him and his brother are of age) and his (3) cousins, only his brother has a baby (a girl) so i don't see any trend yet lol. My cousin (i have four, including me only three are of age) gf is pregnant but too early to say the gender so we'll see if anyone starts that lol."

Anyone else?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Nope and if they tried I would blow it off....it's not like it is something I can control.

wedding website

Logansmommy34
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

o def! SO's side of the family. They all have girls and they want boys desperately... So much so his one sister will stop at nothing to have a boy... So when SO and I got pregnant and found out it was a boy they all were pissed about it and tried to convinvce me that the doc was wrong and that i was having a girl... HAHAHA they were wrong... theyre bitches anyway we are not speaking at the moment... They are nothing but a bunch of selfish whiners.

Sirenabella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I don't think so. If they did it obviously didn't bother me b/c I don't remember it. I would have blown it off anyway. I'm happy so I don't care what others think.  

Aniyunwiya
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Quote:

They are nothing but a bunch of selfish whiners.

We must have the same inlaws lmao. We don't talk to them much either, they complain SO never sees them and that I keep him away, though they live SIX miles away

hmmmmm

O.o

TheMom1994

Holy crap. No. I'd tell them to eff off if they did. All ten fingers, all ten toes, cognitively intact. What more can you ask for? Sheesh.

I used to work with women that performed sonograms and nothing pissed them off more than some twit that started bawling when a perfectly healthy baby turned out to be a different sex than they wanted. These are the types that can't wait until we're genetically engineering our kids.

eye rolling

stevi3905

None of my family or DH's family has made any comment on gender with either of our girls, but I do want a boy. I do know that with DH's brother's first baby his dad wanted a girl but the baby turned out to be a girl, so it wasn't a big deal. 

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

Kizbee
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM

How can someone make you feel bad about the gender of your baby? 

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Not me, but my husband. My stepdad's father said something to dh about "not being man enough to make a boy" after DD was born. Not that he had any room to say anything since he had TWO girls and ONE boy. The whole thing was stupid. I am sure he was just joking, but that is not really something that is funny, and certainly not necessary to tell a new father.

Logansmommy34
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM

OMG you too! they live like 30 mins away and we ALWAYS! have to go see them... they rly dont like me tho. im not exactly the type of girl they would have liked for their brother. lol and then to have a boy before them. well that jst topped the cake lol. not to mention their dad spends alot more time with our son than he does the girls but we jst make it a point to spend time with him where as they dont...

Quoting Aniyunwiya:

Quote:

They are nothing but a bunch of selfish whiners.

We must have the same inlaws lmao. We don't talk to them much either, they complain SO never sees them and that I keep him away, though they live SIX miles away

hmmmmm

O.o

Aniyunwiya
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Quoting Kizbee:

How can someone make you feel bad about the gender of your baby? 

I don't know, evidently it happens (i guess jealously or what not) "well at least you have a (X gender here), not like me" etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)