Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am going to steal.... edit.......

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

I want to "squirrel" money. I am not sure how much I can "hide" at a time. We dont have a lot but I want to put it up and not tell dh or anyone...........and then BOOM if we need it...I have it. Or whatever ya know? Like when crap gets realllly bad and my dh is stressed I can pull out a wad of cash lol. Do you do this? How much do you hide a week? Does dh know?

EDIT

The reply made me wonder..........would your dh's be mad if you "Hid" money.........for both of you. Not like hide money for you to go blow....Would he consider it stealing?? Or would he be happy. (mine would be happy)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
verobearo69
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM

i personally dont think its ok to hide money from you dh. what you can do tho is open up a savings account like a cd that only lets you take money out after a certain amount of time whether it is 3 motnhs or up to a year....my mom on the other hand does hide money since she is the one that does the laundry etc she keeps it in her underwear drawer in a lil paper bag. so i guess what you could do is hide in a place where your dh wont ever look. what i do its tell him im taking money out and saving it but i dont tell him how much and its saved on my personal bank account which doesnt get touched at all. we have a joint account whihc we both use and then mine its just for savings we also have a savings account in our joint account. i jdont know your dh but if he is like most guys he prolly be pissed you were sneaking money out even if it helps you guys when you ar ein a bad situation and might even blame you for being in a bad financial situation

verobearo69
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:32 PM

oh ya btw my husband is horrible when it comes to money so nething he buys that has nothing to do w/ the house or teh baby has to be approved by me...and btw i dont work so technically its all his money.

airforewifenmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Quoting verobearo69:

i personally dont think its ok to hide money from you dh. what you can do tho is open up a savings account like a cd that only lets you take money out after a certain amount of time whether it is 3 motnhs or up to a year....my mom on the other hand does hide money since she is the one that does the laundry etc she keeps it in her underwear drawer in a lil paper bag. so i guess what you could do is hide in a place where your dh wont ever look. what i do its tell him im taking money out and saving it but i dont tell him how much and its saved on my personal bank account which doesnt get touched at all. we have a joint account whihc we both use and then mine its just for savings we also have a savings account in our joint account. i jdont know your dh but if he is like most guys he prolly be pissed you were sneaking money out even if it helps you guys when you ar ein a bad situation and might even blame you for being in a bad financial situation

No he would be VERY happy if I hid money and just pulled it out. If we put money in an account it will get spent. I am not talking about A LOT of money. I mean like........MAYBE 20 a week. If I tell him I am putting it up it will get spent. (I make money too, and he never knows how much or whatever) because its cash, and isnt very much.......150 a week MAX. We use that for grocerys ect........I dont think he would be mad.........

MsDean
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM

I have also been thinking about hiding money for emergencies. I think it is a great idea. My dh would  be happy if i busted out some cash from nowhere, lol! Maybe I should hide it in my tampon box, hee hee!

airforewifenmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Quoting MsDean:

I have also been thinking about hiding money for emergencies. I think it is a great idea. My dh would  be happy if i busted out some cash from nowhere, lol! Maybe I should hide it in my tampon box, hee hee!

That would be a good place lol............unless YOU forgot and thew it away.........I was thinking my make up bag......or in a pair of shoes I dont wear.......or in the flower pot thing above my bed.....(its not real) lol

Aniyunwiya
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I do that, he found out about it, but wasn't mad, in fact sometimes he will give me money TO hide so he won't spend it (though when he wants the money he WANTS it, and gets mad if i don't give it to him), he is the only one working now, so money is tight but i do it anyway. If i leave money laying wherever, he gets it and spends it on something stupid.

I hide it in random places (i have a million different ones) like under a pile in a junk drawer, in a book, in between CD's, in a tape deck of a stereo (we have no tapes so i know he won't use that), my jewelery box, under the computer screen, in a pencil case, a picture frame (behind the picture), under the DVD player, under the bed mattress etc.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM

my sister and i both do that. you find change in pockets or whatever, we keep it. it's nice to know if we need something small or whatever, we have the money. but we're both SAHM's too, so we dont' have an income really.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

akataml
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I actually snag 20 every payday and stash it.I have some loot lol. Its an emergency fund if we need it 

funnymonkey.jpg funny as image by kingbajafunny-7.jpg Icon image by AnimeDeath543210050.gif mouse dance image by ghostly3

jennylynne2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

remember 1 thing what he doesnt know cant hurt him. I live by that. if you do all of your bills take the money that is left over and take out 10-20% of it. More if you can but that is what i normally take and it is not noticed.

twilight3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM
I did it when we 1st got married & were living paycheck to paycheck, i also do it when i work...and whenever we needed that extra cash & i pulled it out, he was surprised but happy that i did that.

R.I.P. Daddy...miss you 9/7/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)