Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

Deal with the high unemployment when it is not only all around you (here in Michigan) but also in your home? My husband isn't working and has been actively looking for a job for over eight months now. I've sent out my resume packages.

I love that my coaching business is going to launch soon, BUT on the flip side I am afraid because we may move, he may have to move away from us to work, there are so many uncertainties.

So the question :: how do you deal with job loss when it feels like there is no end in sight?

Chris Lakatos
Certified Coach  |  Mom  |  Wife
LI profile  |  Twitter  |  Website
Chick on a mission :: to live fully celebrating in the amazing gift of life every moment of every day. With a bliss filled heart I walk this green Earth in gratitude.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Hi!

I know exactly what you mean. My husband has been laid off since last December. We too live in Michigan! And I am just now thinking we may have to move because this is ridiculous. We are still paying our bills. We have cut out everything. And it is harder and harder to make ends meet. If we have an emergency right now...we're screwed!

Good luck in your decision. All I can offer in helo is the knowledge that you are not alone. I hope it all works out for you!

coachchris
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Wow! I honestly thought I was reading my own post! It sounds exactly like us. We are to the point where money will run out vs money 'may' run out.

I think that beyond the issues with money and such is honestly this feeling of no matter how many resumes are sent out or interviews, there are no jobs. I don't know how to say it other than it feels every day like we live in a black hole and no jobs are out there.

Then I wondered, is it just Michigan? Are people feeling this everywhere?

The worst part is that now my husband may take a temporary project in Texas, alone, to support us. That means he will be gone for six months minimum. I just don't even know how to feel good about that other than that he'd be bringing in money again - which is awesome. But wow, what a high price - to have him gone for so long.

Goodluck with your husband's job hunt as well!

Chris Lakatos
Certified Coach  |  Mom  |  Wife
LI profile  |  Twitter  |  Website
Chick on a mission :: to live fully celebrating in the amazing gift of life every moment of every day. With a bliss filled heart I walk this green Earth in gratitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)