Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how old is too old?....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

how old is to old for kids to be taking a bath toghter i mean a boy and a girl my son is 4 and dd is 2 and ppl has told me there to old to be taking a bath toghter and i want other moms opinions and ds is starting to notice that dd has different body parts and is asking questions and i did explain to him that boys and girls have different body parts but he keeps asking questions and i really dont know what else to tell him

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamivon2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:10 PM

the kids tell you. Trust me. My kids are 11 1/2 months apart. when my son turned around 4 he said get Jessica (his sister who was 3 at the time) out. They havent taken bathes together in years. Its  nasty to see the other siblings butt according to them.

LaurenM2107
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I'm bumping because I'm curious to see what other moms think too....Mine are 23 months and 9 months and I've been wondering when I should stop having them take a bath together.

parkerkamismom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Mine are 6 and 3 and until recently, they occasionally took a bath together.  It never was an issue - neither of them pointed any differences our or anything.  My son, who is 6, prefers to take a shower by himself now, so no more tubbies together. 

MissKrystal
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I agree with pp. I think the kids will let you know when it is time. I was a single mom and for me sometimes it was just easier to get both kids bathed at the same time, but when they start being uncomfortable with the other one, it is time to stop. I think my kids stopped altogether when they were 5 and 3. It wasn't an every night at that point, but I think that is when it stopped completely.

beckygeiger
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM

My daughter is 3 1/2 and usually showers with me but occasionally will ask to shower with Daddy, she knows that boys and girls have different parts. I will let her shower with us until she feels uncomfortable, so I feel the same with siblings, let them do it until they want to stop. it is so much easier to shower together and save time

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I agree with the others, they will let you know when they don't want to do that anymore. But, I also think that as a parent that you have to keep your eyes and ears open for curious eyes and hands. Nobody wants the surprise of little sister unknowingly grabbing Mr. Winky lol!

parkerkamismom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM

LOL

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

I agree with the others, they will let you know when they don't want to do that anymore. But, I also think that as a parent that you have to keep your eyes and ears open for curious eyes and hands. Nobody wants the surprise of little sister unknowingly grabbing Mr. Winky lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)