Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ready to feed, Concentrate, or powder best?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Which is best for acid reflux?

Options:

Ready to feed

Concentrate

Powder

It doesn't matter

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

Which is better to use for acid reflux.  I've been told once that powder isn't good for acid reflux.  I can't find anything online to back that up.  From your experience which is best for acid reflux?  Is it ready to feed, concentrate, or powder?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM

My son never had acid reflux so I'm not sure... sorry. Bump.

naomishere
by naomi michelle on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

i used similac sensitive rs liquid it was the only thing that worked for my daughter.... its lactose free plus has rice starch that coats there tumy

monseymom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'm not sure - I always used the powder cuz it's the cheapest. My son had some sort of reflux, but we just dealt with it cuz we couldnt afford fancier formula than the powdered

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Right now my LO is on soy and she is having problems with it.  Someone told me to try the liquid instead.  Personally I don't think it's going to matter while she's on soy.  I need to switch her formula but wanted to see what others experienced before I went out and bought something else.

Quoting naomishere:

i used similac sensitive rs liquid it was the only thing that worked for my daughter.... its lactose free plus has rice starch that coats there tumy

swaney06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:37 PM

powder is heavy my daughter threw up powder so we had to do get ready to feed or concentrate... it was harder to tavel with so we just premade bottles and got a bottle bag to keep cool..

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM

hmm didn't realize powder was heavy.  for some reason it seems like the liquid would be heavier.  you learn something new everyday.  thanks.

my other 2 dd's were on concentrate.  only b/c that's what wic gave us.  it was harder to travel with but we made it work.  we don't qualify for wic this time so i went with powder b/c it's cheaper.

Quoting swaney06:

powder is heavy my daughter threw up powder so we had to do get ready to feed or concentrate... it was harder to tavel with so we just premade bottles and got a bottle bag to keep cool..

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I dunno about the reflux but my kids were on powder but when I tried to use ready to feed or concentrate (usually when we traveled because I didn't trust the water lol) they flat out refused to drink it. It smells and tastes really different than the powder.

jennylynne2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I'd call my ped and talk to them about it they should have some solutions for you about it

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM

We used powder because we travel a lot I don't know about reflux though!

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM

ya they do smell and taste different.  with my oldest i tried to use both.  like when we went out i would bring the powder so i could just make it where ever we were.  she was always like what is this and she didn't drink it as well.  when we were home we used concentrate.  i wasn't planning to go back and forth with this LO.  just trying to find what could work for her.

Quoting oboe_chik:

I dunno about the reflux but my kids were on powder but when I tried to use ready to feed or concentrate (usually when we traveled because I didn't trust the water lol) they flat out refused to drink it. It smells and tastes really different than the powder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)