Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Animal Abuse

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a family of a husband, 3 kids and a sick dog. Well I took my dog (Trixie) to the vet on October 2nd because i thought she had the mange. Well it turned out that she was not mangy ay all that she had a skin infection. Well I spent 142 dollars on that dog that day total. Well she has not getten better. I was planning on taking her to the vet again whenever we had the money and contueing her treatment until then. Well someone called the pound on my dog. They wrote me a tickey for "dog at large" and documented that she was sickly.  My court date is the 10th. I dont mind the dog at large ticket - she WAS outside without a leach so thats fine. I dont want to be charged with neglect though. Seeing as how i was treating her and was going to take her back to the vet to tell him whatever she we were treating her for wasnt the underline case. They are holding Trixie until my court date. I made her a vet appointment for tomorrow morning at 11am and the pound is going to take her. I just have to pay for it. Under special cercumstances they are going to hold a check until i have the money to pay for it all. What else can i do to make sure im not charged with this. They have said that i havnt been charged with animal abuse yet, but that could change. I just want to have my P's and Q's stright before court date. Help me.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:40 PM

if you have documentation that you were treating the dog PRIOR to the incident you should be fine.

Richys_Girl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

If they gave you any records of the previous visit before you were charged, and you still have the prescription (if thats what it was) for the meds you gave her then take that with you to the court case. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I don't think any one will charge you with neglect, you've been taking her to the vet after all, and you can't be in trouble for being low on money.  It sucks that you have to go through this.  Keep your chin up.

With light and love.

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM

this is what I was going to say

Quoting SuperPickle:

if you have documentation that you were treating the dog PRIOR to the incident you should be fine.

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)