Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wonder....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I think it's funny how horrible we spell. Do you ever wonder if our kids in 15 years will be the dumbest set of civilians due to the texting and chat lingo? I have a friend who is a teacher and she said that there are papers being turned in with , OMG, IDK, LOL, and IMO! 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Wow, people really put that on their papers?? Thats crazy. I might type things like that online but when it comes to school, no way!

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I can't be the only one!

bump

mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM

No, I think in 15 years my daughter will be in college. 

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Yes, Middle school and high school! My 4th grader wants a cell and i am thinking of getting him one, however i am thinking it should wait until he gets better in spelling! Don't want to ruin all that hard work!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Wow, people really put that on their papers?? Thats crazy. I might type things like that online but when it comes to school, no way!

KT9105
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I know people who not only write OMG, LOL, etc they actually say them.  It's ridiculous.

It is sad that grown people can't spell worth a damn.  I remember when I was in the pregnancy group soooooo many women would spell pregnant pregnate or pregnut.  It was terrifying.

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM

in 15 years mine will be 30!!! OMG!

Quoting mirandas_mom:

No, I think in 15 years my daughter will be in college. 

jennylynne2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM

to be honest i dont care about spelling, never have never will, i'm one of the math/science people. and who knows what it will be like in 15 years

redmamaof5

LMAO i think personally PREG"NUT" is funny!!! how did you NOT correct that? lol

Quoting KT9105:

I know people who not only write OMG, LOL, etc they actually say them.  It's ridiculous.

It is sad that grown people can't spell worth a damn.  I remember when I was in the pregnancy group soooooo many women would spell pregnant pregnate or pregnut.  It was terrifying.

25beengoodtome

Hey, at least the kids are trying. I don't care about the spelling, as long as the kid tries to get the job done. 

I know a few people that speak more lazily than any abbrv. in writing I've seen. LOL! 

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and loving it!!
lovinmykiddo07

Quoting KT9105:

I said LOL one day & then I stopped and was like Wow.. you need to stop being stupid RIGHT. NOW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)