Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it is wrong for a couple to adopt a baby when they have children?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 53 Replies
Do you ladies think it is wrong for a couple that already has children of their own to adopt a baby? My husband and I have talked off and on about adopting because we would like a third child, we have two beautiful girls of our own. I am unable to have anymore on my own but would like another. What are your opinions?
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:50 PM

No, I say go for it!  

hadcarmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Hell yes!!! Go for it!!!!

MikeysMom51108

As long as you're able to take care of them all (financially, physically, and emotionally) and you treat them all as your own, I don't see a problem with it.

mysti26

I have a boy and a girl and an angel baby and DH and I would really like to adopt in the future too.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I don't see why it would be wrong.

jennylynne2003

If you are giving that child a good loving safe home then no its not wrong. my hb and i were talking adoption ( we tried 3 times for 1 girl) since i never got my girl but decided against it since 3 boys are a lot.

Lisabrenner

I think it's wonderful....go for it! 

AmandaNaus

I think that as long as you can provide for the baby and care for one then why not. I wish you luck. Keep us posted....

mommy2holley

adoption is a choice..it's your choice..I think it's a wonderful thing as long as you adopt from the U.S... any other country is fine to, but the U.S. should come first.. anyway..you have experienced your own children there is nothing wrong with you wanting to adopt.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM

If you can afford them all, won't treat ANY of them differently, and can give them ALL the love they need/deserve, go for it. However, just remember that newborns aren't the only ones that need to be adopted.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)