Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stop everything when you have morning sickness?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 59 Replies

Just wondering and sorry if this question is stupid. But I feel really crappy every morning and I don't want to leave the house at all because I don't want to throw up in front of people. Well I was just wondering whey you have morning sickness d you take your kids out of school, or other programs they are in for a few months until it passes? my kids are in a few activities and I just don't feel like taking them anymore. Is there some sort of company that will come and take your kids places so I can be at home close to the toilet? Anywho just wondering how other people handle this because I have never been out and about and saw a vomiting person in public so I am assuming that people just stop doing this stuff for a few months until it ends. What if you are driving and start to get sick. With both my other kids we didnt have activities yet, so we didnt have to be anywhere but I dont want there activities to just stop.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I didn't have the choice to stop. I still had to work and take care of the kids on my own, because I was a single parent and had to provide financially as well as take care of the house. Have you tried preggy pop drops?

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I was in college living in the dorm when I got pregnant.  I kept going to classes......my professors just got used to me running out of class quickly lol. 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I have been trying everything, everything makes me sick. I will look into those hopefully they will help. THanks!

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I didn't have the choice to stop. I still had to work and take care of the kids on my own, because I was a single parent and had to provide financially as well as take care of the house. Have you tried preggy pop drops?

Mamaz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM

with my first i had morning scikness for a solid 9 months. im talking 10-15 times a day minimum. i was in highschool and working a full time job. i couldn;t stop anything. i just had to suck it up and puke in public a lot

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

tretresmom

Nope I kept on going as usual 

Kyliees_mommy08

nope...ive even had to throw up in front of people,pull over just to throw up, & run to the bathroom to throw up...its pregnancy,meaning you cant help how your body reacts everyday...the pepole will get over it and so will you

Ash266
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I get really bad morning sickness!!  I would LOVE to stay home all day until it passes and some days I do because it wipes me out. But my DH was deployed for our second baby so I just trucked through everything as best I could. 

I hope yours gets better soon!!

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Oh, and I had BAD morning sickness and was throwing up a lot.  My RA and a few girls on my floor staged an "intervention" because they thought I was bulemic (I am very thin and they noticed me throwing up frequently).  It was hilarious.  I thought it was sweet they were looking out for me.  After they shared their concerns I told them I was pregnant.  They were speechless.  That was pretty much the end of the intervention.

fallnangel3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I was sick 24/7 for 9 months with all 3 of them.  I just sucked it up and dealt with it.  I threw up at school functions, soccer games, friends houses, work.  I had to do things for my kids, and it wasn't fair that they would lose out just because their dad and I decided to have another kid

JuliaW
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Sea Bands really helped me when on the road, they don't work for everyone but have you tried those?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)