Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little help from the other baby wearers

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

How do you keep them warm????  I really don't want to spend the $80 on a peekaru but blankets are forever getting all messed up and not exactly useful.  Thanks!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I used to wear my dd and always put her in a sleeper with footies so she was covered completely. Then I would use a light blanket to put over her head if we were out.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

KokoJones
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

depends on the age... if they were little little, i put them in those fuzzy footsie sleepers... when they were older, i just put them in long pants, sockies and long shirts with sweatshirts

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Mamagirlz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

bump 

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I only worry since his feet are always cold,  socks and slippers,  sleepers, boots ... He's 5 months btw and what about when they're on your back without a whole lot of your body heat

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM

thank you!

Quoting Mamagirlz:

bump 

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM

YAY another baby wearer!!! depends on what kind of sling you have? also i have one of those columbia fleece jackets and that snugs right around us both! but i have a little fleece one piece light weight snow suit thing its not really bulky but it keeps him toasty! but i only had to do that once when it was super cold! typically hes fine in his wrap with me and i put a hat on his head since hes older and doesnt like to be tucked inside as much anymore!

you cant even tell hes in his wrap! lol its a sleepywrap! he always sucks on one part! lol

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM

ah ha lol I have a moby and he does the same thing!  It gets so gross after a while.  My jacket might fit but didnt the zipper irritate his neck?

Quoting redmamaof5:

YAY another baby wearer!!! depends on what kind of sling you have? also i have one of those columbia fleece jackets and that snugs right around us both! but i have a little fleece one piece light weight snow suit thing its not really bulky but it keeps him toasty! but i only had to do that once when it was super cold! typically hes fine in his wrap with me and i put a hat on his head since hes older and doesnt like to be tucked inside as much anymore!

you cant even tell hes in his wrap! lol its a sleepywrap! he always sucks on one part! lol

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM

The zipper never seemed to irritate his neck, when he has a hat on thats all he needs and he is usually a bit sweaty! so i know hes plenty warm! i zipped it to where you can see where the zipper is at, so it never bugged him. and when he did fall asleep i just zipped the jacket all the way up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)