Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands that travel (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone else have a husband that travels for work?

My husband recently (in the past month) accepted a position with a new company. The company is based 3 hours away from our home. He is out of town (overnight) for most of the week and I miss him terribly right now. I wish that he were home. I miss his company. I miss his nagging. I never realized just how much he does for me.... little things like playing with the baby while I make dinner, or helping Autym with her homework while I do laundry, carrying the laundry basket for me because he thinks that I am too "small" to manage it myself. I just want to cry right now. I finished the children's St. Nicholas shopping without him today... it is something that we enjoy doing together. The new company is great, the job is wonderful, and he makes a very nice salary with them. I just miss him.... I received an e-mail from my daughter's teacher saying that her schoolwork is suffering lately. It's my fault, I know it. I have had such a hard time staying organized lately. We are so used to routine.... all of us having dinner together at the dining room table, playing board games in the evening, my husband helping Autym with her math and science, I helped with her spelling and reading. I feel like such a horrible mother right now because I know that Autym is missing her father as much as I do and I should have been paying more attention and noticed that she was having a hard time with him being gone so often. I can't vent to him, although he would understand, because it would make him feel more horrible about having to be gone from home than he already does.

Sorry, just had to get that out.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
vainco
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM

i know just how you feel. i have been married almost 22yrs. 1 and 1/2 yrs ago we had plan on moving overseas, so while the whole family made plans hubby opened a restaurant, well things didnt work out as planned and we couldnt move, so hubby had to stay to run the restaurant. he comes and goes but do to our financial situation sometimes he cant come for 2-3 months! durring this time, both my daughters have left home and returned, one just recently, my son almost failed 10th grade, i fell into a deep depression while trying to hold on to my job, the only source of income we have (if you think the economy in the states is bad you should see in latin america)..i got diagnoised with high grade HPV.....needless to say i felt and still feel like i'm doing a bad job, like things arent orginized, now i cant even remember things going this crazy when hubby was here. and i know about the not telling him thing, i also dont want to make him feel bad, i know he feels and sees my stress..so i just try to keep a brave face.

wow, thanks for the post...i needed to get that out...lol

hugs

You may already be a member of our group and not even know it yet, Get tested.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I'm so sorry! It sounds like you are having a hard time too.

Quoting vainco:

i know just how you feel. i have been married almost 22yrs. 1 and 1/2 yrs ago we had plan on moving overseas, so while the whole family made plans hubby opened a restaurant, well things didnt work out as planned and we couldnt move, so hubby had to stay to run the restaurant. he comes and goes but do to our financial situation sometimes he cant come for 2-3 months! durring this time, both my daughters have left home and returned, one just recently, my son almost failed 10th grade, i fell into a deep depression while trying to hold on to my job, the only source of income we have (if you think the economy in the states is bad you should see in latin america)..i got diagnoised with high grade HPV.....needless to say i felt and still feel like i'm doing a bad job, like things arent orginized, now i cant even remember things going this crazy when hubby was here. and i know about the not telling him thing, i also dont want to make him feel bad, i know he feels and sees my stress..so i just try to keep a brave face.

wow, thanks for the post...i needed to get that out...lol

hugs

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

nemiller
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM

well, my husband is military, so he's gone a lot.  if he's not deployed, he leaves usually once a month for training.  anywhere from a few days to a few weeks at a time.  he's been home pretty consistently for about 2 months now, but only because we're being moved to japan.  him being gone and having to do everything is pretty normal to me.  it helps to get into your own routine.  it won't be quite the same, but it helps kids to at least know that home is stable, even if their dad is gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)